FORTY SIX: "We got a group of heroes to beat up"

CHAPTER FORTY SIX: "We got a group of heroes to beat up"

KATHERINE NEEDED TO LEARN FAITH'S SECRETS. The girl was only ten and was listening to some pretty heavy stuff and was actually managing to stay sane. She hadn't broke down yet despite knowing that the woman she saw as her mother was potentially in terrible danger. Katherine admired Faith's bravery for refusing to back down and tag along. Kaldur had insisted they drop her off at the Tower of Fate, but Faith was adamant about staying.

"Don't worry, we're almost there," Robin said calmly, keeping a hand on Faith's shoulder. Katherine watched them in her peripheral vision, amazed by how calm the Boy Wonder was and admiring how good he was with Faith.

He was soft spoken, patient and calm whenever he spoke to her. But he never spoke down to her and always treated her with respect and love. A small smile lifted onto Katherine's lips and she quickly looked down, holding her hand over her mouth to hide the small gesture.

"Look out!" Artemis suddenly screamed.

M'gann barely had time to react as Doctor Fate and Nova Star came soaring in the direction of Bio-Ship. They were caught in a ferocious battle, exchanging merciless blows with one another as the one desire was to shed blood. Bio-Ship managed to swerve out of the way only to be knocked off course as a large green rocket collided with her underside.

"Hold on!"

The ship spun out of control, struggling to maintain altitude as the green constructs continued to be thrown. With zero gaps in between, the Team were force to abandon Bio-Ship to get even a slither of a chance with saving Nova from her own mentor. M'gann watched helplessly as Green Lantern chased Bio-Ship, face drained of any emotion.

"Okay, I trust you!" Faith shouted, glancing over worriedly at Roy. She pointed to the intergalactic hero who had driven Bio-Ship into the ocean, satisfied when he no longer saw the ship surface. "Because Hal would have never done that."

"Will Bio-Ship be all right?" Kaldur questioned, earning a small nod from M'gann. "Okay, then the focus is Nova."

The Immortal typical could hold her own against her mentor. But, as he fought her with blind rage, Nova came to the conclusion that he more often then not went easy on her or just let her win entirely.

She gritted her teeth, pushing all her strength in the energy beam that pushed against Nabu's own attack. However, in the end, the Lord of Order had the upper hand and knocked Nova to an already crumbling building. She slouched tiredly in the rubble, her body aching with pain as a drop of blood slipped down her face.

Struggling to pull herself from the ditch, Nova squinted her eyes open, looking through her hazy vision hesitantly. Nabu's ominous glow took over the gloomy sky, his highlighted shade of magic contrasting powerfully against the ash and soot polluting the air. He had a single hand extended, a blaze of magic circling the palm of his hand with a threatening and low sizzle that resembled the blaze of fire.