TWENTY ONE: "Dude! I got my super-hearing fighting a copycat"

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: "Dude! I got my super-hearing fighting a copycat"

~~~~
BIALYA
September 4th, 11:52 EEST

KATHERINE WAS STARTLED AWAKE BY DICK'S VOICE. No... She was startled awake by everyone's voice and every individual animal call and flutter of a leaf. She could hear waves crashing against a shoreline and incredibly busy traffic and a rooster's call as well as a scream from what she predicted could be from halfway across the earth. She could hear everything.

"Kit-Kat! Kat! Katherine!" Robin yelled as he heard Katherine moan in pain, her hands clamping over her ears as she rolled onto her side, eyes still sealed shut.

There was nothing to focus on, she was being hit by every sound at once, every abupt and obnoxious one startling her and making her yelp or even cry out. Her eyes snapped open as she felt two hands rest on her shoulders, shaking her slightly before loosing grip as she slid back in panic.

"D-Dick," she stammered through her heavy breathing, only then noticing the sand beneath them and lack of civilisation surrounding them. The sun was beaming down on them obnoxiously, shimmering in the middle of the sky above.

          One question tugged through her crowded mind. What the hell were they doing in the middle of nowhere? But the thought was lost before she could ask it as some demolition testing occured, an abrupt explosion ringing through her ears and giving her a headache. Katherine swallowed harshly, clenching her jaw as she felt an overwhelming amount of panic bubble up inside her as fear engulfed her hear. She was beginning to spiral, anxiety feeding off her in waves for the first time in a long time. She hadn't had this amount of nerves and panic in a while, especially not enough to make her fall into an anxiety attack. But even if she was, Katherine didn't think she'd be able to work it out with all the sounds slapping her in the face at once.

         "I-I can hear everything!" she cried out as she pulled her legs to her chest, pressing her forehead against her knees, hands still clamped over her ears.

         "Hey! Katherine! Listen to me!" Robin yelled, grabbing her wrist, making the Girl of Steel lift her head to meet his masked gaze. But it didn't last as he removed his mask, dumping it on the sand. He pressed his hands to her cheeks, looking to be staring at her incredibly closely with his blue eyes filled with worry and desperation. "What's wrong—"

         "My super hearing!" she screamed, feeling the need to so she could be heard over the noises. "M-my super hearing is kicking in! I-I-I don't know why!" Katherine was clearly getting overwhelmed as her eyes became hazy with tears, the enhancement stressing her out. "Ca-call my Dad! Please!"