TWO: "Great, another thing in common"

CHAPTER TWO: "Great, another thing in common"

~~~~
WASHINGTON D.C. 
July 4th, 15:05 EDT

        THE TENSION LEFT THROUGH THE AIR WAS SUFFOCATING, THE CLEAR ANGER EACH OF THEM FELT CLEAR AS DAY.

        "When we're ready!" Kid Flash exclaimed with a groan, running his hands over his face. "How are we ever supposed to be ready when they treat us like—like—

        "Like sidekicks?" Kath finished with a defeatedsighed, flying over to the chairs again and taking a seat and tilting her head back.

         "My mentor... My king, I thought he trusted me... "

         "I thought my dad trusted me more..." Katherine muttered, rubbing her eyes in an exasperated way.

        "Trust? They don't even trust us with the basics!" Kid Flash snapped, anger bubbling in his eyes.  "They've got a secret HQ, in space!"

"Not gonna lie, it literally looks like a steam iron..." Katherine muttered, crossing her arms and continuing to watch her friends. The boys hadn't heard her, continuing to claim and yells things of frustration and anger about their mentors.

"What else aren't the telling us?" Kaldur spoke disappointingly and distantly.

Robin shook his head slowly. "I have a better question. Why didn't we leave with Speedy?"

Katherine side once again as she climbed to her feet, gliding over to join the group. "He was correct in all issues addressed... why didn't we go?"

Silence fell over the group once more, each of them avoiding eye contact as the contemplated options available to them.

Until Kaldur finally talked; "what is Project Cadmus?"

Katherine clicked her tongue on the roof of her mouth, pointing towards Kaldur and agreeing with his question. The project did have her curiosity ever since Batman uttered that he had wanted to investigate him.

"Don't know..." Robin began, clearly squinting his eyes under the black and white mask. "But I can find out."

The Girl of Steel's infamous smirk reappeared. "Please do that, Bird."

Robin gave her a sly smirk as he passed her, swiftly typing at a rapid pace across the yellow keyboard. The keys lit up to a golden hue each time his fingers tapped them in an attempt to gain access to the Justice League database and recorded files on Project Cadmus.

The computer beeped. "Access denied."

Robin scoffed. "Heh, wanna bet?"

Access was then swiftly gain as the Boy Wonder performed his incredible hacking skills. Lines of code flashed over the screen in a vibrant green shade that was accompanied by a sky blue.