FOUR: "I wear the S and have the exact same target on my back"

CHAPTER FOUR: FOUR: "I wear the S and have the exact same target on my back"

        IT TOOK SUPERGIRL A FEW MOMENT TO REGAIN CONSCIOUSNESS AS THE TELEPATHIC HOLD OVER HER WAS RELEASED

        IT TOOK SUPERGIRL A FEW MOMENT TO REGAIN CONSCIOUSNESS AS THE TELEPATHIC HOLD OVER HER WAS RELEASED. Katherine cursed under her breath as the pain reappeared, her hands rolling into tight fist at the pain that could be equivalent to kryptonite for her.

        She hesitantly lifted her head and noticed Superboy sitting on his knees in front of a Genomorph. It didn't look like a threatening stance, but the heroic side Superman insisted she embraced told her otherwise. But she didn't get far as she felt a hand grabbed her closed fist.

       Katherine's eyes turned and met the masked ones of Batman's protégé. He shook his head slowly, insisting she didn't engage, and she obliged.

       "I...choose...freedom," Superboy struggled to get out, still staring up at the Genomorph that had telepathically thrown explosive barrels at them in the bizarre looking hallway number one.

       Her eyes moved to examine the horde and caught sight of Guardian, the old hero having his head pressed against his hand. His eyes were squeezed shut, face contorted with pain until that suddenly faded. "It feels... like a fog lifting..." he insisted, lifting his head.

       "Guardian?" Kaldur questioned hesitantly, and Katherine prepared herself to dodge some form of attack. But nothing came.

       Guardian's posture straightened up, shoulders rolling back more confidentially as he regained control of himself and the telepathic control that was holding him, shattered. "Go. I'll deal with Desmond."

       "Excellent! Let's get out of here!" Katherine half cheered as she climbed to her feet with her friends.

        The group was ready to exit when they were jinxed, running into said scientist that Guardian had insisted he dealt with. His brown hair was pushed everywhere and disheveled like he had just walked through a tornado, glasses crooked and having cracked frames, he looked like one of those crazy scientists you see in movies.

"I think not," he said roughly, holding up a vile of some blue liquid. But, if movies taught her anything, Katherine new this wouldn't end well. "Project Blockbuster will give me the power to restore order to Cadmus."

Flicking the cap of, Desmond tilted his head back and chugged the thick blue liquid. Immediately as the vile was empty, it slipped from his head and his bones and muscles began to shift and pull. He grew like three times the size he was before, muscles bulging from neck, shoulders, legs—everywhere. His skin faded to a grey as he grew to match a size that'd rival Bane's, and it took a while for then tonprocess that Desmond had turned himself into a Genomorph.