CHAPTER 4: CARE UNCARE

Zeliker refuses to bow down or kneel in front of Sektar and his sons. He has his pride as a demon prince and he intends to keep it that way. He peeks around before staring at Sektar.

Gizelis and Riseptos who in front of Sektar already kneel to their king.

"We have brought Flink's prince, Zeliker Asterostes, to meet you, Your Majesty," informed Gizelis.

Sektar nodded. "Rise."

Silvert and Gizelis stood up and went to stand on the side. They watch Zeliker who ignores everyone and the supposed etiquette.

Will he be fine...?

Gizelis didn't doubt it. After all, Zeliker doesn't seem to care about everyone watching him.

Sektar stood up and went to Zeliker but not too close. He knows that even a collar can break loose if he wasn't careful. He wondered why this demon prince looks so calm and acceptable to be taken away from his home.

What has made this demon prince look like this?

There's no anger, violence or pressure released by him. It was like he was just a normal demon, not a demon prince. Sektar was sure that all royal demons would have snarled or struggled to get free by now. Or would fight to the death with them.

Is this why Gizelis able to capture him?

He was Nekruis's son for goodness sake! It was impossible for no one to not know how cruel Nekruis was. All his children followed after him. But this Zeliker... Why does he look a bit different from his siblings?

Just like Sektar was sizing him up, Zeliker does the same thing. Sektar doesn't look like he was over fifty. He has dark blond hair, blue eyes and a light moustache. His body was not robust as most kings would be.

Does that mean this king was not greedy like the rest?

Should be impossible. A king would always be greedy in his eyes. His sight went behind Sektar.

Sektar children, Xcerox and Miulwess carry Sektar matching sides except Xcerox has dark green eyes. And both show no fear toward him. He also was sure the eleven men with them were the king's protector by their attire with high defence armour. Their rigid countenance can be felt by him.

He was actually defenceless though. Why are they so afraid of him?

Everyone in the hall remains silent. The king's protector was already ready with their weapon if Zeliker does something wicked. And some of them were demons like him.

Zeliker notices it before he enters because the demon inside him can feel other demons' presence. None of their eyes shows fear towards him. He focussed back on Sektar when he heard him speak.

"Prince Zeliker, I really mean you no harm if you wouldn't lay a hand on anyone. But I doubt you can attack anyone right now anyway. Gizelis?" Sektar turns his head to Gizelis.

"Your words have been delivered to him, Your Majesty," replied Gizelis.

Zeliker finally knows the real mastermind that put the collar on him. But he kept a secret about the collar not affecting him much. A while ago when he was jolted by the current, he suddenly realised it didn't hurt him much. If these people know it, they will assault him and bring him down to a cell or something. Or much worse skewed him.

Yeah, right... Humans were not evil like them.

He even notices the collar was useless if he can draw his power out and it would be shattered before anyone can capture him which he would rather not do so. He was lazy after all.