CHAPTER 43: APPEARANCE OF DIVEST

"Enough talks. Where is the library?" Zeliker was annoyed but he can't hurt Flare since he still needs him.

Flare grin. "Almost there."

He continued to lead them into a big hall. There were many paths to reach the library.

'Stop!'

Suddenly, Zeliker's voice was heard inside their mind. Flare and everyone instantly become alert. Zeliker looked normal but his eyes had changed to red. He warily looked around them in the big hall.

"We've been surrounded." He told them.

"I don't think it was Shildia's army's turn to guard here..." Flare whispered to Zeliker.

"There should be soldiers?"

"Yes. But we haven't seen any of them since we arrived. I should have realised something was wrong. Sorry." Flare apologised smoothly.

Small knives in both hands coming out of the sheath hidden inside his belt, he defends himself against a sudden attack on him. A black cloak demon appears with a long sword, clashing against his weapons.

The others were also attacked at the same time. Zeliker kicks away one of them who attacks him. Another came at him with an arrow to his back and he slash the arrow to half before appearing near the archer and slash at his neck with his sword.

Killing was his only option since the enemies have been pressuring them with their killing intent.

"Urgh!"

"Darl! Damn you!"

Darl was stabbed on his left shoulder with an arrow and fell to his back. Another enemy appeared to thrust his sword to his head but Krius came in time to slash the enemy back, saving Darl.

He protects Darl while the latter grip the arrow on his shoulder and pull it off. He then grabs his weapon again, a short bow and aims it at the enemy coming at Krius.

"There's too many of them!" Luuma told Zeliker.

Endless enemies appear to ambush them.

"Where the hell did they come from?!"

Jyana was flabbergasted and sweat covered all her body while defending herself and killing the enemy when she had the opportunity.

"It seems we have stumbled into their lair." Zeliker commented after killing another enemy.

He dodge another arrow to his head and his weapon changes swiftly to a bow and he releases an arrow toward the archer aiming at him. Mia was fighting with a demon using the same knife as her.

She dodge and slash at the tendon of her enemy before she stabs at his weakness, killing him instantly. A thunder appeared to lash at her and she couldn't avoid it in time. But a shield appears to protect her before Zeliker dash from her side to kill the thunder user demon.

"This is very troublesome." Flare mumbled in annoyance.

He was attacked by a wind slash and injured his whole body. Blood dripped from his wounds. However, he still stood firm and went to attack the demon with the wind power.

The demon gasps at his quick slash to his throat while questioning Flare species as a human because the latter was more of a demon to him. He wasn't able to summon a shield when Flare appeared behind him and killed him.

Zeliker finishes off the thunder user demon before he watches his group members. Everyone was injured except for him. The situation also looked dires when he realised another group of their enemy was coming.