CHAPTER 40: TAILS

Zeliker sat on the chair beside the bed between Flare and Silvert. His hands folded on his chest. His silence makes Flare cough awkwardly.

"My apologies. I am a wandering adventurer. We have met in Shasui's tavern before." Flare explained politely.

Zeliker already recognized them but he still doesn't understand the friendly reaction coming from Flare. He had injured Flare and his friend. So, why didn't Flare snap at him or try to kill him?

"Where and how do you know me? Don't let me repeat again or I will kill you." Zeliker threatened.

Flare wasn't afraid at all because he trusted Zeliker won't harm him. He went silent for a moment.

"Your kidnapping accident has been known worldwide. It was impossible not to recognise you."

'In meaning, you're saying you have a good memory about my appearance, huh?'

Zeliker felt like slapping the person in front of him. The way Flare talked was like he was questioning his intelligence.

He doesn't know why he felt very annoyed.

"Aren't you going to answer my question?" Flare reminded and made Zeliker glare at him.

"Who knows... Why? You want me to kill you so badly?" Zeliker raised one eyebrow at him.

If this person wishes to see his craze, sure, he would love to show the other side of him if it ends with the latter's death of course.

"No thanks... I'm glad you have returned to yourself. Thank you for not killing my friends." Flare smiled at him.

Such a topic made Zeliker couldn't help grab Flare collar and pull him up to him. His action startled Flare a bit and made the latter feel a slight pain from his back.

"We're not even close and I don't even know who you are. But it seems you have been investigating me in Eskimos."

Zeliker only can conclude his friendly attitude with Xcerox and the others have been known to Flare. Which might be the reason for this human to have courage to get near him.

Flare grins. He didn't want to expose that he knew Zeliker from the war. He wants to keep himself hidden from known and watch the surprise on Zeliker when he announces it someday. For now, his objective was to become friends with him.

"Can I have the honour to become your friend too?"

The question startled and weakened Zeliker's grip on his collar.

"Is that your reason for investigating me?"

Flare answered with a nod.

Zeliker released Flare and sat back on his seat. Folding his hands again, he watched curiously at Flare.

'I don't mind but this human seems too comfortable around me. Since the start, he hasn't shown fear when he sees me. This is too strange... Does he have a trick under his sleeves? But what confused me a lot was that his tone has no lies. I can't detect any.''

Zeliker was thinking deeply while Flare laid down slowly on his back against the mattress again. He flinched before getting used to the pain.

"If you wonder if I'm doing this to capture you and get a reward from your father, King Nekruis, then you are mistaken. Even if becoming immortal would be a highly enticing prize, I have no desire to do so. And as you can see, I am injured and it is impossible to defeat you."

Zeliker frowned. 'He surely does know how to be honest. Which is why he looks suspicious...'

"... We'll see..." Zeliker then stood up.