CHAPTER 42: ABANDONED NEZA CITY

"First and second team can move out at any time. As for the third team, if you are ready, meet me in the living hall." Zeliker ordered them as he walked out of the weapon's room.

Flares follow after him.

"Ah, by the way. You're going to Miko Kingdom to visit the abandoned palace, right? What are you going to do there?"

"It's none of your business. Go stay in the infirmary!" Zeliker growled.

He felt annoyed by Flare's constant question.

"I am not badly injured. And... I think following you is more fun." Flare smiled.

How could he let go of Zeliker? He hasn't made friends with the latter yet.

Zeliker glared at him. "After your friend recovers, leave this place."

"Oh... You're kicking us out. Why? We should be considered as guests."

'Guest my foot! If you guys didn't get near me and Itsven, I won't feel guilty or bring you guys here!'

Zeliker then ignored Flare because the third team had gathered in the living hall after choosing their weapons.

"Does anyone here ever reach Neza City?" Zeliker asked them.

"Me!" Flare raised his hand.

"... Anyone?" Zeliker ignored Flare again.

He wishes one of them knew Neza City so they can just teleport there faster. Unfortunately, no one from the third team has reached it. Zeliker went silent for a moment.

'I can't waste more time. It would take us two months to reach Neza from Marlom. Damn! How fortunate am I to have met this person who can take me there? But I can't stand him. And I'm not even sure why I didn't like him when I first met him. This sensation is quite odd.

"Fine! Take us there. You just need to imagine where you want to appear in Neza before opening the main door."

Zeliker had to push away his discomfort. Flare was delighted that Zeliker had finally accepted him as his guide. He went to the front door and pushed it right away. Zeliker and the others followed him as soon as he left.

Zeliker puts on his mask once more to conceal his identity. His eyes widened when he came across a big tower and other abandoned structures that were completely covered in sand.

A moment later, they were hit by powerful gusts of wind mixed with sand.

Luuma, Mia, Jyana, Darl and Krius accidentally had their lips open to gasp when they saw the magnificent tower. Each of them spat the sand out from their mouths.

"Pui! I forgot it is the sandstorm season."

Flare cup his mouth while telling them. His eyes squinted around.

The sandstorm would strike heavily if they do nothing. He wishes he had his armours on and can get protection under it.

"Be careful not to inhale the sands or you might get lung problems. And it seems a large storm is coming. We need to find cover." He told them.

He was surprised when the sands stopped coming at him and turned to look at the five demons using their ability to cover everyone with a combined barrier. It looked sturdy enough to withstand the storm outside.

"So convenient. I guess the storm won't give us any trouble with such a barrier. So, which area do you want to visit?" He turns to face Zeliker next.

"The library." Zeliker answered while still looking at the tower.