CHAPTER 23: RESCUING THE BABY

Zeliker and Silvert move fast at lightning speed. First, they appear near the house where they sense Hien's aura. They also sensed lots of left demon auras that were going to disappear soon. The demon auras seem to belong to the thief and kidnapper because Zeliker and Silvert can feel it was not the demon aura that comes regularly into the house, which was Hein’s soldiers.

Zeliker doesn’t have his attention on the auras with big lines that can be seen from his demon eyes. He was focusing on the auras of a thin line that he guessed belonged to the baby. Moreover, his heightened nose can smell the baby milky smell and powder.

“That way.”

Zeliker vanished and was followed by Silvert who sensed it too. They run to the southeast. Along the way, they met with several Hein soldiers who were searching for the baby trails. Unfortunately, the trails end somewhere near a river. Zeliker and Silvert passed them.

The human soldiers didn’t notice it but the demon soldier felt some people pass by. The demon soldier wanted to stop them but was frozen after seeing the intense glowing red eyes.

“Stay where you are. We’ll find the baby.” Silvert told them through telepathy.

“Who, Who are you?!” One of the demons asked with slight fear and surprise.

“We’re Your Highness Xcerox’s guards.”

Silvert didn’t speak further and with Zeliker, they jumped across the river to the other side and disappeared. The demon soldiers were astonished. They were wondering when the expert guards had appeared beside the royal members. Because they can feel the two demons’ strengths overpower their own.

They were afraid to guess the two come from the high-rank demons. After all, no high-rank demons would follow orders from a human. And only low and middle-ranked demons live in Eskimos. They never see a high-rank demon helping humans other than the enemies' high-rank demons.

So, where did these two powerful demons come from? They were confused.

As for Zeliker and Silvert, they didn’t know the complications that happened to the demon soldiers. They manage to track the baby trail after crossing the river. They can feel they were close to the thief and kidnappers who were moving in a bizarre formation.

The shadows they saw before that move in different directions out of Athier City have met at one point before they move again in a different direction. It was like they were trying to confuse anyone who chased them. But, they were unlucky because Zeliker and Silvert were powerful demons and they didn’t know it.

Silvert enclosed them in his dimensional wall again when they almost arrived near the running thief and kidnappers. Zeliker eyed Silvert while telepathy him.

“I’ll get the baby. You go get the documents.”

“Noted!” Silvert departed from Zeliker toward another direction.

Zeliker continued his way. A second later, he found two shadows moving fast. However, they weren’t faster than him. He heard their conversation from afar.

“Hey, just throw away the baby already!” One of them barks at the other.

“Why?” His partner asked.

It seems two of them were one woman and one man. The one who was carrying the baby had a woman's voice.

“What why?! That thing is going to hinder us later! Or give it to me!”

“No, you don’t! This is my dinner! You can go find another!”

A moment later, the baby cried out. The demons snapped their head at him.