CHAPTER 14: TRUSTED FRIENDS

Relief...

That was what Zeliker felt. He never knew the heaviness in his heart all this time would be lessened after telling someone his true thoughts and feelings. He finally learned his lesson.

It was better to tell or share your problems with someone you were close to. But...

Zeliker groaned in shame with a pillow on his face to hide his disgraceful expression. He still felt surreal about all of this.

How come he, for more than 10 years, would completely, decisively open up his heart now?! How come?!

Is it because he was somewhere peaceful and far away from the dangerous atmosphere in Flink? Or because he thought Silvert was someone he trusted?

Well, he does trust Silvert. So, scratch that.

Could it be because his mind unconsciously told him that he was free from Flink and let him be honest towards Silvert?

Ah, he doesn't understand! He never told Silvert before and now he did it! What a shameful thing he had done! Now, Silvert will be more enthusiastic about him.

A knock on the door stops his internal conflict. He put the pillow down and moved up on the bed to sit.

"Zeliker, I make breakfast. Have you washed your teeth yet?" Silvert opened the door with a full smile and joy.

Zeliker's eyes twitched.

Where did the honorific go?

He silently thought. Silvert put the breakfast meals on top of a small cabinet beside Zeliker's bed. He can see a question popping on Zeliker's expression and understands why Zeliker looks like that.

He chuckled. "I was told that if you want to be more close with another person, you should start by calling their first name. So, from this moment on, Zeliker, I will call you with your name. Unless the situation wasn't appropriate for me."

Zeliker slowly picks up his pillow again and hides his face behind it. Silvert could see Zeliker's ears slowly turn bright red. He was sure Zeliker's face also looked the same.

Ah, he is shy... Why is he so cute?!

Zeliker peeks a bit at Silvert and sees his lovestruck expression.

"Enough with your fanatic look! You're so annoying!"

He threw the pillow at Silvert's face and walked off hurriedly into the bathroom. Silvert pull the pillow off him and laughed lightly.

Ah, seeing his cute expression again today is my lucky day! How blissful...

Zeliker looked at his face in the mirror. Under his eyes had puffed up because of his crying last night.

My god... I want to kill myself right now!

He washed his face quickly with the tap water and brushed his teeth with a toothbrush and toothpaste that appeared in his hand. His fangs elongated for him to brush it clean too. Once he was done, he went into the shower. His clothes disappear and appear again after his bath. But before the cloth appeared, he used his power to dissolve the droplets on his body into steam. With this, his body was all warm and dry again.

There's only one thing he missed from the demon's land and that was the heat coming from the lava. Demons, as well as him, love hot temperatures and their body can bathe in the lava without melting themselves. It's such a pity that humans don't like high temperatures.

Zeliker went out of the bathroom and walked to his bed again. He sits on it and then picks up his breakfast. He munches on the soft bread and drinks the milk from it. The taste of the milk was so good that he drank it all. Then, he realized something.