CHAPTER 9: KINDRED

"Is it okay to leave them there?" Nish asked because they were now running towards the base.

The slaves were left where they were fighting before.

"They are free anyway. It's up to them what they want to do." Gizelis replied while hopping over a big stone in front of him.

Suddenly, two demons appear and attack him. Gizelis bent his body backwards and escaped their sharp claws to his head. He also unsheathed his two swords fast and immediately cut their knees.

Their necks were stabbed by Nish and Xcerox's swords. They have no choice but to do that because these demons seem more aggressive than Enta and the other slaves. Both demons died instantly.

"My god! That scares me!" Nish let out a sigh of relief.

Because the day already turned tonight, it was hard to see anything around them. They can only use their senses to feel their surroundings.

"They are also demon slaves. It seems the kidnappers already know we are here. Hurry! We need to help them!" Xcerox urges them.

On their way...

"Gizelis, the Zeliker you know would really save humans? I find it hard to believe." Xcerox doubt again.

"Your Highness, I don't know how to make you believe him. All I can do is let you watch and see for yourselves." Gizelis hopes Xcerox and others would trust Zeliker more.

Even if there's a slight doubt, he wants to believe in Zeliker's true personality. He has seen it a lot since Zeliker came here.

Zeliker was truly a child of curiosity, considerate toward people who were kind to him, pay back their debt, and lied to keep his pride. Zeliker was also fearless and would sacrifice himself to protect others.

These things weren't normally done by royal demons. To him, Zeliker was still a child, fresh or untainted by other royal demons' evil schemes. Well, Zeliker sometimes did evil things but he doesn't think Zeliker wanted to do it in the first place.

"He's cute," Gizelis remembers the chewing Zeliker who looks like a rabbit when he eats the sunflowers.

BANG!

"Huh? Are you alright, Nish?" Gizelis was startled to see Nish hit a tree.

What happened?

He also stopped his run because Nish and Xcerox, both stumbled upon something.

Nish stroked his painful nose while glaring at Gizelis.

"You just said what?!" Xcerox looked baffled at Gizelis.

He almost hit the tree too but managed to slide to the left. His eyes twitched at Gizelis calling Zeliker cute.

"How can you call him cute?! He's not cute at all! Don't you see how he slams all the slaves to the ground with his power just now?! That was so horrible!" Nish yelled.

Gizelis shrugged. "You didn't see it so how'd you know he's not cute. Come on. I'm worried about him."

Xcerox and Nish look at each other. They think Gizelis's head has a few screws loose. They continued running again. They were almost there when they heard a snarling and growling from the base.

They hid behind a treetop and looked over. It was a disaster. Flames were everywhere, burning the stuff that was not interested in Silvert eyes. He burns them all. So, Xcerox, Gizelis and Nish can see the damages he made.

They saw Silvert who was killing mercilessly and massacring everyone coming at him. Splashes of blood and dead people were everywhere in the area.

"Who's that?! An ally?!" Nish whispered in shock towards Xcerox and Gizelis.