CHAPTER 41: TASK

Enta, Kion and their friends gather in front of Zeliker.

"I'm going to give you guys some tasks." Zeliker announced.

"Woah, finally!"

"Great!"

"I wonder what it would be."

Some of them were speaking in whispers. Excitement was visible on their faces. They don't mind obeying his commands till they perish except for Enta.

The latter haven't acknowledged Zeliker yet, even though deep inside he was glad he no longer needed to beg for food or water or get beaten anymore.

"If I'm not mistaken, Silvert already divides you into three teams. We will follow accordingly. So, who is the first team?"

The five members of the first group lift their hands.

"Enta, you will become the leader. The task I'm going to give your team is very dangerous but I am sure with your wits, you and your team can overcome them. Can you do it?"

Zeliker stares at Enta seriously. The latter nodded. This was the first time he didn't rebuke Zeliker.

After learning under Silvert, Enta knows his attitude was wrong but he can't help remembering Zeliker beating him which was akin to a humiliation. But after hearing the sentences, something seems to make him feel smug.

Why does he feel like that?

Zeliker approaches Enta and manifests a folder to give it to him.

"The task you have is in there. Make sure your team does it carefully. I don't accept failure." Zeliker sternly said to him.

"With relish." Enta replied with a smirk.

Since Zeliker looks like there's nothing to tell him anymore, he brought his team a little further away to look at their task together.

Zeliker noticed Enta's team members have wickedly looked like their leader. He wonders if Silvert arranged these demons to be together since they obviously suit each other.

Whatever then. As long as they can do their task and return safely, he won't worry about them.

Zeliker then turned his head to the second group led by Kion and his little sister.

'The mellow team...'

He can see a large difference between Kion's team and Enta's team. He gave them another folder.

"Your team task may look simple but it comes with many obstacles. I believe you all can do this too. If there is something wrong, you can consult with Silvert after he recovers." Zeliker told them.

"Yes, sir!" Kion and his team answered energetically.

They moved away to take a look at their task.

'The last team. The weakest of them all...'

Zeliker has heard the ability of the third team was very weak compared to the Enta's and Kion's. They have undergone harsher beating than the rest of them.

"Your third team will follow me to the Miko Kingdom."

He must find something they can do and not let them get wasted. He can't show them that they weren't needed. After all, he can feel the same similarity coming from them.

It was the feeling of fear, losing confidence and many other dark emotions that made them wish they were dead. Zeliker knew them so well.

Which is why he must step up to help them. He and Silvert may have given them some hope but it can diminish once they realise their weakness changes nothing.