CHAPTER 34: ANOTHER DEMON PRINCE

Everyone in the tavern was shocked. They haven't received any news related to the war since they thought it happened in the south of Lagendia Kingdom. A moment later, a soldier in armour who seemed ready to battle told Zeliker and the others the same thing and urged them to move out of Shasui to a nearby refugee camp on the east.

"Let's go! We must help the soldiers in Marlom!" A young man, who looked like an adventurer, carrying a big sword on his back, told his group of six people.

"Go!" The others replied, and they hurriedly left the tavern.

Zeliker turns his eyes to Silvert. "Let's go too."

Silvert nodded and they both left the tavern afterward, after Silvert paid the owner for their food. The residents were hurriedly running outside to the east while people who could battle and soldiers gathered at the gate to cross the border. On the other side, heavy smoke and light from the burning flame float into the sky.

"The battle seems heavy." Silvert telepathy Zeliker silently.

"Yes. We need to help them without exposing ourselves." Zeliker replied.

"I will cover us with my dimension."

They ran toward the still open gate to the border since residents from Marlom were running to Shasui. They found both cavalry and infantry soldiers from the Eskimos were moving toward Marlom. Once Zeliker and Silvert stepped inside Marlom, the troops there were already engaged with Entenoa's troops, wearing black armour while the human side wore blue or white armour.

Zeliker saw the six adventurers helping the soldiers. He was amazed by those young men and women's skills. Who could have thought that, other than people entering the army, they would be people who didn't. He moved toward a high tower with Silvert.

While moving, they killed some of Entenoa's soldiers along the way and saved some Lagendia and Eskimos soldiers who were confused by the death of demons around them. And they were unable to detect or find Zeliker and Silvert's presence.

On top of the tower, Zeliker watched the battleground below. He noticed someone with another set of troops waiting outside of Marlom.

He smirked. "No wonder they managed to reach here easily. They have another kingdom to help."

Silvert narrowed his eyes. "I couldn't believe Entenoa had combined with Weety and they would even send Weety's second prince, Itsven Brigia, to the battle. Entenoa was really serious about conquering Lagendia this time."

He too saw the demon prince from the Weety Kingdom. The prince had dark orange eyes and wore dark armour with a kite shield on his left and a spear in his right hand. His height was 1.8 metres. Like Zeliker, he had black hair and wore a circlet on his forehead with a pair of orange earrings on his ears.

"Yes. As long as they get half of Lagendia territory, it would become Lagendia's big loss. This ambush will alert other human kingdoms soon and the Eskimos might send their armies here, which would expose some weakness to the south again."

A slight fit of anger appears in Zeliker's eyes. The Eskimos Kingdom was now his ally. He didn't want to see it fall. More so since his beloved was in the heart of the Eskimos' kingdom.

"This was like twelve years ago, and it's going to happen again if we let Itsven conquer here. With his strength and power, he might have gone to the north next to subjugate another border, cutting off the help from Eskimos. We cannot allow it to happen." Silvert expressed his concern about it.

He couldn't find any stronger people to fight the royal rank demon within the human army. Since it was a sudden attack, the generals from Lagendia Kingdom may have been shocked and on their way. Who knows how many hours they need to travel here. Their chance for Marlom to survive was gone, and the only person who could fight him was Zeliker.