The Return of Monstrox Part II

After the successful battle, the knights returned to their usual activities. Clay looked worriedly at his magic hand as he walked towards Fortrex. Standing in front of the Fortrex were Robin, Ava, and Mechlok, who had failed to solve the problem with the machine. Robin sighed in exasperation, kicking a nearby stone.

- This thing will never move again!- he shouted.

- Unfortunately... even though we managed to salvage most of the computers and set up a new command station we still don't know how to restore the nexo power system. - Ava agreed.

Merlok quietly giggled.- Well, I quite like my new body.

The two children gave the wizard an uncomfortable look, which made him grunt.

- I mean...let's hope so! We need to be prepared in case Knighton faces a new danger.

Ava, Robin, and Mechlok all heard the grunt and turned around. It was Clay.

- Merlok? Could I...a word?- asked the knight.

- But of course, my nephew.- said Mechlok, smiling.

They both walked away a little further.

- How can I help you, Clay?- asked the wizard.

Clay scratched the back of his neck. - It's...about my magic. I'm concerned that my magical abilities are still out of my control and I can't control it.

He frowned as his hand shone intensely for a moment.

- My magic interferes with my ability to fight and during the battle I barely failed to harm the knights. I am afraid of hurting them... And most of all I want to find out about our mother,... I want to find her and save her.

Mechlok nodded with understanding and smiled again.

- Well, if you want to save your mother, then I'll be happy to help you with that!- offered Merlok.

Clay smiled slightly, but shook his head.

- Thank you Merlok, but this is something I need to do on my own and... I need time to think.

Merlok sighed despondently and his smile disappeared.

- I understand Clay. You need some time to settle in. Well in that case, I wish you luck.- Merlok said.

- Thank you for understanding Merlok. - Clay said and walked away.

= Skipping Time=

Knights, Mechlok, (Y/N) and Saber are standing on one of the dirt roads, saying goodbye to Clay. (Y/N) has decided that she will stay with the others to ''guard'' them and help Macy. The siblings hug each other tightly.