Chapter 10

Clay and Fletcher walked boldly up the mountain, following the magical wind. Fletcher was panting heavily and looked to the side, looking at the horizon.

- H-hey. We are... very high.

- Yeah...I hope it was worth it.

Clay answer when the wind stopped on a stone ledge. They both reached it and sighed when they saw before them, a huge stone door forged between two rocks. Clay's gaze fell on the designs and inscriptions on the gates. He walked closer and placed his hand on them, causing the patterns to glow blue and the gates to slowly open. Clay and Fletcher looked at each other.

- Okay, this is suspicious.- Fletcher said.

- Yeah... weird.

The wind rushed in and the boys heard the whispering again.

- Fletcher...Clay...come on....

The boys looked at each other before slowly starting to walk inside. A dark hallway with a light showing at the end. Clay and Fletcher started walking towards it until they reached a chamber with a flowering tree entwined with roots and a hole in the ceiling, illuminating the room slightly. The floor was lined with stone pavers and there was another network of corridors around the chamber.

- Wow...what is this place?- Fletcher asked.

Clay didn't answer just looked at the tree in the middle of the chamber. Then they heard a voice.

- You have finally arrived.- said a female voice.

Clay reached for his sword and they looked down the hallway to their right, from which emerged a familiar woman from long ago...Aya.

- Relax Clay...you are the brother of my student. You don't have to be afraid of me. I was expecting you.

Clay raised his eyebrows in surprise and holstered his sword.

- Really? You're... Aya?

- Yes, in the same person. I heard about Monstrox returning with a new army.