Chapter 5

(Y/N) and Jestro were patrolling a designated area by Ava in Clay's fighter jet. They landed on a dirt, rocky road and got out of the vehicle. It was midnight, so it was hard to see anything. Jestro shook with fear.

- (Y/N), what are we doing here at this hour?- he asked.

- We are patrolling.- she replied simply.

She started walking and Jestro fearfully followed her. They heard a quiet, sneaky giggle, and the shadow of a person penetrated in front of them. Jestro screamed in terror and hid behind (Y/N), who drew her sword.

- Whoever you are, show yourself!- ordered (Y/N).

- What happened (Y/N)? Do you not remember me?

A familiar witch appeared in front of them with a mocking smile on her face.

- Ruina Stoneheart. My mother.- growled (Y/N) tightening her hand on the sword.

- Hello, daughter.- she greeted.

- What do you want, mother.- asked suspiciously (Y/N).

Ruina shuddered slightly.

- Well...I wanted to see how you were doing.- she muttered to herself.

For a moment her eyes turned from yellow to royal blue, but she quickly shook her head and her eyes returned to yellow.

- I wanted to see if you were planning anything.- she said hostilely.

(Y/N) raised an eyebrow slightly confused.

- Are you sure?

- YES, I'M SURE!

Jestro and (Y/N) flinched at her outburst.

- Okay, okay, easy.- replied (Y/N), rubbing her temple.

- Oh, and one more thing. You better...get ready. Monstrox is growing in strength and will show you no mercy.

(Y/N) and Jestro looked at each other confused.

- W-Why are you telling us this?- asked Jestro nervously.

- Warning. Goodbye, see you in battle, daughter.

After those words, Ruina turned around and began to walk away, knowing that her daughter would not attack her. Deep down, Ruina also knew that she didn't want to attack her either.

(Y/N) and Jestro looked at each other with confusion.

- That was...weird.- Jestro admitted.

- Ultra, ultra weird, Jestro.- agreed (Y/N), putting her sword behind her back.

- Back to Fortrex.

They both turned and began to walk back to the fighter. (Y/N) turned her head once more to where her mother was.

- "What's going on with that witch?"- asked herself (Y/N).