Chapter 12

Clay and Fletcher followed Aya until they came to an amazing place. A valley with many cherry blossom trees. If you look further you could see mountains. The view was undoubtedly breathtaking. 

Both boys sighed in awe at the sight

- Beautiful, isn't it?- asked Aya.

They both nodded, then started walking across the valley to a tree. They sat down and leaned against its trunk, sitting in the shade. The sky was cloudless and the sun was at its peak. Not far from the cherry trees was a small creek. Clay sighed in bliss.

- Woah. I've never seen a place like this before in Knighton.- Clay admitted.

Aya giggled. - You see, even what you know can surprise you, my friend.

Suddenly the three heard the roar of a dragon. Clay and Fletcher looked around, and Aya smiled warmly. Then they saw a very familiar, large and powerful dragon. Clevertus, preparing to landing.

Clevertus landed in front of the cherry tree and wagging his massive tail, sticking his tongue out like a big dog, looking happily at Aya. Aya giggled slightly at her dragon friend.

- It's good to see you, Clevertus.

Clevertus purred in greeting, then began to stretch, digging his claws into the ground like he was a giant cat, and lay down so that his body was around the tree and was a wall of safety for the people sitting under the beautiful tree.

Fletcher looked at the dragon with great amazement and Clay smiled.

- Wow...I've never seen a dragon like that.- Fletcher admitted.

- You know, kid. Dragons didn't have it easy in Knighton.- Aya replied sadly, remembering the terrible times for these majestic creatures.

Clay looked at Aya thoughtfully.

- Aya, I have a question for you.

- Call me Master, okay? You will be my apprentice, Clay. I am listening to you.- she said with a giggle.

- Well... after the battle with Colossus, didn't you leave Knighton with your brother?