Chapter 6

(Olly's POV)

I wonder if Olivia is having a good day. I hope it's better than mine. I'm not saying my day is bad, it's actually really good but I just want my sister to have the best day today. She didn't really want to do this, but she did it anyway. Just for that she should have a good day. plus, she the bets sister I could ever ask for.

This morning we got to learn about graphs and equations. We also did some work with the volumes of shapes. Most people already knew this but my teacher, Mrs. Smith said it would be a nice review. In English most people were finishing up a project, but the teacher said I could just read for the class I already had a book with me 'The Art of Origami.' The Craftsmen said it would help with my origami folding techniques. Olivia loved Origami but she couldn't do it as well, instead she's a very good drawer and loves to do it too, but she can't decide which one is better. It's kind of funny seeing her decide which one to do. She changes her mind every ten seconds. Literally after ten seconds of drawing or folding origami she changes her mind and does the other one. We always tease her for this. In our class we had table groups, and the teacher didn't mind us socializing that much. So, some people used this time to chat with friends or classmates. After a few different classes I had my lunch hour. It was for the same amount of time as a class after students were done eating; they could work on schoolwork, walk around the halls or go outside for a break. I went outside, just because it gave me some fresh air after being inside all day. I didn't know what to do so I just sat down on the bench and watched people running around. I didn't understand what they were doing. They were throwing a ball back and forth. Some people would throw the ball then one other person would catch then run really far until someone pushes them down. Like I said I didn't understand it, but it was interesting to watch. It kind of reminds me of the Legion when they have races, they always try to push each other down just so they win or at least Scissors and Hole Punch do. Some guy in my class I didn't know him, but he stopped playing the game and walked towards me.

"Hey, you're the new kid, Olly, right?" he asked.

"Yup that's me." I responded. "What are those kids doing?" I asked, pointing to the kids running back and forth.

"Oh they're playing football. It's a fun game to play once you get the hang of it."

"I never really played any sports back where I used to live."

"Maybe you should try it."

"Maybe some other time I don't know all the rules." We just sat there in silence for another few minutes. "Are you going to play football with your friends?" I asked

"No," he responded. "They're not really my friends. I just play football with them but I don't really know them."

"Then why did you decide to sit with me?"

"I don't know you looked like you could use a friend and you're new, you don't know everyone yet."

"Thanks." He's right, I don't know anyone here. "I never got your name yet," I told him.

"Oh sorry It's Mark."

"Well it's nice to meet you Mark."

"Nice to meet you too." We spent the rest of the hour talking and getting to know each other. I don't know why but it felt really good to make a friend. I hope Olivia did too. I kind of feel bad because during recess I never talked about Olivia there was no reason, he never asked me if I had any siblings and mostly talked about what we liked to do.

"So how are you liking your first day of school so far?" he asked. After a few minutes into the conversation.

"It's good." I told him it would have been better if I got to see Olivia, but I'm sure she's having a good day as well. Once we got into our next classroom, we found our seats and sat down. Our conversation was over but that's ok because we still have the end of the day to talk. Once the whole class found their seat started the lesson apparently the class was learning about this thing called revolutionary war. It didn't sound very good. We learned today how there were many laws that made people unhappy. And how each law benefited one side only. People were being controlled with these laws. The ruler didn't care about the people, the laws only benefited him. I wanted to leave the room, and go find my sister. I don't know why but it just brought up bad memories. Memories that will probably haunt me all my life. Memories that I wish I never had.