Chapter 30

(Olivia's POV)

After a while I started to think the note was just a joke. It made me a little relieved to think that the whole thing might be a joke, a terrible joke, but still just a joke. So maybe there was no person out there threatening my family. I would hate that.

On a more positive note, even though the snow was melting the weather was getting warmer. So, me and Olly could spend more time outside. On one especially nice day, me and Olly were splashing each other with water. It was a nice surprise seeing that it was only the beginning of March. We were splashing each other with water from a tube of water that we filled up. Unfortunately, after a while Olly got bored of getting his water this way. The tube had barely any water in it, so I grabbed the hose and went to fill up the tube. All of a sudden, I felt a ton of water fall on me, I was pushed to the ground. As soon as the big wave was gone, he turned around to face Olly. He was laughing at me. I walked over to him and pushed his bang out of his face and stared at his eyes. One of his eyes was its normal purple color, the other one was dark blue.

"Ha ha very funny," I told him. The dark blue eye turned back to normal.

"Come on, it's just a little bit of water," he said sarcastically.

Well, if he wanted to play that game, fine by me.