Chapter 16

(Amber's POV)

I was still a little disappointed that Olivia couldn't come over, but Gavin and Jackson are. They're supposed to come over in an hour, they'll probably come sooner knowing them. I just have to walk our family's dog, Muffin. I forgot to do it this morning, the only tricky part is finding him. He wasn't upstairs or downstairs, knowing him he was probably in the kitchen under the table. I cheeked over there, yup I was right he's just sitting there.

"Come on Muffin," I said, picking him up. "Time for your walk." I grabbed his leash and walked towards the door. Suddenly the doorbell rang, they can't be here yet. I grabbed the handle and swinged the door open. It was Jackson and Gavin; they were early again.

"Hey Amber," Gavin said.

"You're early again," I told them.

"Sorry," Jackson replied.

"It's fine you just come in," I told them. "But I still have to walk Muffin so you'll just have to come with me."

"Fine by me," Gavin said, Jackson just shrugged. I leached up Muffins and led them outside. My normal route was walking two blocks over then back. But once we hit a fork in the road Gavin wanted to go a different way.

"Come on, let's go that way," Gavin said.

"Why? What's that way?" I asked.

"School's that way, we should see if any teachers are at school."

"Fine," I said I wasn't about to agree over something like this, besides I was wondering the same thing too. We started to walk over towards the school, which was the opposite direction of my normal path. Muffin was very excited about taking a new path. We were almost at the school, just a few more minutes. I looked over at the other side of the road, there were two kids standing there one was looking at the other kid and the other was looking up at a tree.

"Hey isn't that Olivia?" Jackson asked. I peered over at the two kids, oh it was her I almost didn't realize.

"We should say hi," Gavin said.

"Well come on then," I told them walking across the street. Olivia was talking to her brother, he was the one looking up at the tree.

"Hi," I said once we got to the other end of the street.

"Oh hi, I didn't expect to see you guys today," she told us.

"Oh we were just walking and we thought we would stop by," Jackson said.

"What's your brother doing?" Gavin asked.

"Olly's trying to throw a rock at scissors," she said.

"Is there scissors in the tree?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Why in the world do you have school supplies in the tree?" Gavin asked. I was wondering that too.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"You said scissors were in the tree, scissors is a type of school supplies," Gavin said, Stating facts. Olivia still looked confused. Olly picked up a rock and threw it in the tree.

"Why are you throwing rocks at school supplies?" I asked him.

"Excuse me," a voice said, "I am not a stationery item, I am a person."

"Who was that?" Jackson asked. I looked around and I didn't see anyone else.

Olivia muttered something, I couldn't hear what she said.

"What did you say?" Gavin asked.

"Nothing Important," Olly told us. There was a rustle in the tree branches and something, no someone, jumped out of the branches. This person did not look like someone you would want to mess with, they're abnormally tall. they're hair was put into a high ponytail that split off into two directions. They had a white shirt with a green jacket, Black gloves, blue jeans and tall black boots. I couldn't see their eyes; they were covered by a shadow. This person definitely looked like someone you wouldn't want to mess with.

they leaned over Olivia and her brother and whispered. "Boo." Olivia jumped away from them and her brother threw the rock he was holding at it. I was surprised that he did that. I wouldn't do that, it did not look like someone you would want to hit. I was expecting the person to attack back, but surprisingly it curled up on the ground and started to hiss at Olly.

"What in the world is that thing?" Gavin yelled, stepping back.

"That's Scissors," Olivia said.

"You know that thing?" Jackson asked.

"Yes, she's a family-friend."

"So her name is 'Scissors'?" I asked.

"Yup."

"That's an interesting name," Jackson said.

"Is she ok?" Olivia asked Olly.

"She'll be fine," he told her.

"I am not fine you hit me with a rock," Scissors hissed, still laying on the ground.

"I say we leave her out here," Olly said.

"No you're not, it's cold out," Scissors told him, she stood up and glared at him. "You know what? You're really lucky I left my swords at home, because you know what would happen if I had them here." Ok note to self never mess with that person. Why does she even have swords, and does she normally use them to threaten people? Or is she joking?

"Scissors you can still use your legs," Olivia said.

"Olivia, stop helping," her brother warned her.

"You raise a good point Olivia," She said, turning to her.

"You know I think we have to head back now." I said, I didn't want to get into any of their family arguments.

"Well their family seems nice," Gavin said, sarcastically once we were far enough away.

"That girl is really scary," I said.

"I wouldn't want to meet her on the streets," Gavin said.

"Did you guys notice how tall that girl is?" Jackson asked. "She's probably at least 7 feet tall."

"Maybe," I said. We finally reached my house, I unleashed Muffins and let him wander through the house. We went up to my bedroom.

"Why do you think Olivia meant when she said that the girl still had her legs?" I asked.

"Maybe she's flexible and she can kick high," Gavin said.

"I don't think so this was after she told Olivia's brother that he was lucky she left her swords at home. Also why does she even have swords?" Jackson asked.

"I don't know," I said. "Did any of you notice that Olivia looked a little different, I don't know what it was but something about her seemed off."

"I noticed that too," Gavin said.

"We'll have to ask her about it on Monday, I do not want to go back to where that girl is," Jackson said.

"I agree," Gavin said.

"Me too."