Chapter 12

(Amber's POV)

It's Friday, finally. This week felt like forever, well all weeks seem to take forever. I'm also glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks this week went slow. I was one of the first people in the classroom, slowly everyone else arrived.

"Hey Amber," Jackson said when he arrived. Gavin also just arrived, they ride the same bus to and from school.

"Hi," I replied.

"What's up?" Gavin asked.

"Just waiting for you guys to get here," I told them.

"Well now we're here so now whatcha you doing?" Gavin asked again.

"Well we're not all here," Jackson said.

"Ture but you two are better than no one," I replied. There are still 7 more minutes before class begins, then we pick up the conversion we had yesterday. A few minutes later Olivia walked into the room

"Hi," she said.

"Hey," I said back.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Oh we're saying how I would totally beat Jackson in a snowball fight," Gavin said.

"You would not," Jackson said.

"I'm just in the middle of all of this," I told her.

We talked some more until class started. Classes were moving so slowly, lucky we got to read in all of English, so it went by fast. Math was slow like always. The morning always seems to go by faster than the afternoon. The bell rang to dismiss us for lunch hour. We went to our usual table. The boys were getting lunch, me and Olivia were sitting at the table waiting for the boys to get here.

"Hey, we're here," Jackson said after they got their food.

"You took way too long," I told them.

"It's not our fault the lines are too long," Gavin replied.

"Moving on," I said. "What are you guys doing over the weekend?"

"I don't know," Gavin said.

"Me neither," Jackson said.

"Well I was thinking you could all come to my house over the weekend," I said.

"I'm in," Gavin said.

"Me too," I said.

"Ok what about you Olivia?" Jackson asked

"Sorry I have some family coming this weekend, maybe next time," she said.

"Oh it's ok we understand, but who's coming?" I asked.

"Oh before we moved we had some family living with us, so they're coming to visit," she said.

"Oh that's fun, I guess we can plan for some other time," Jackson said.

"Can we meet them?" I asked her.

"I don't know their not most friendly people," she said.

"Oh well, how long are they staying?" I asked next.

"For a little more than a week."

"Isn't that long?" Gavin asked "I mean if any of you cousins are coming don't they still need to go to school?"

"Oh I don't have any cousins," she said.

"So any aunts or uncles?"

"Nope."

"So then how are they family?" I asked.

"They're friends but we think of them as family," she told me.

"That makes sense," Gavin said. We continued to talk until lunch ended. After the boys went to play kickball, me and Olivia went on a bench to watch. We love to pretend to cheer on the boys like a crowd, we think it motivates them more. When we went cheering on the boys we talked about, well anything but today I wanted to get to know her family more.

"So what's your family like?" I asked her.

"Oh one likes to draw all the time so he's more quiet, but the rest of them are loud all the time," she said.

"Oh then why aren't they friendly? They seem social, because they're loud. Right?" I asked.

"Well, they do talk a lot but most of it is arguing with one another, they're only really friendly with each other and my family, unless you know them for a while otherwise, they're not very nice but they're getting better," she told me.

"Oh, that makes sense," I said. I kind of felt stupid after, they could be social with one another but not with other people. Lucky recess ended. Just a few more hours left.