Chapter 33

(Mark's POV)

On Tuesday lots of students weren't at school. It was probably that creature that scared parents, so they made their kids stay home. Honestly, I think the people who took the video are lying. It looks like a mythical creature. I don't think it's real. It can't be. I was a little disappointed that Olly wasn't here; his parents probably were scared of the creature. Unfortunately, that left me with only two options at recess. Play football with Alex or just be by myself. Maybe with everything going on he wouldn't be so bad. I walked over to the rest of the boys playing.

"Hey, Mark, I want sure if you were going to join us" Alex said

"Olly's just not here today," I responded.

"Yeah, I noticed that."

"It's because of the weird creature people saw."

"His parents are probably weirdos that actually believe that it's real."

"So?" I asked.

"So who even believed in that creature, it's obviously photoshopped," Alex said

"Some people believe it's real."

"Yeah it's like believing in magic."

"Why do you do this?" I asked. I was sick of this. I need an answer.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you mean like this? You're always making fun of random people behind their backs."

"The people that play football don't qualify, they know I'm only joking."

"What about Olly? He doesn't play with us."

"Well..." he didn't know what to say.

"He's really fun to be with once you get to know him," I said. When he didn't give me a response I walked away. I never realized how easy it would be, to say all that stuff to him. I never did because I always thought that if I wasn't friends with him, then I wouldn't have any friends. But the next day during our lunch hour I noticed that there were less people playing football. More people were everywhere else.