Chapter 20

(Mark's POV)

This afternoon the weirdest thing happened. We were just working on our writing, but we have to fill it out. But the room was so silent you could probably hear a pin drop. But all of a sudden music started to play. Really loudly. I have no idea where the music was coming from. None of us did.

Mrs. Smith yelled "turn off that music, I don't care who turned it on just turn it off." Eventually she went over to the next room and knocked on the door. The teacher opened it immediately. "Turn off your music, it's way too loud."

"My music? I thought you were playing it," shortly after the teacher started arguing the music stopped. The teacher apologized and went back to their classroom. After Mrs. Smith told us that she didn't want this happening again. Ever. I didn't think everybody would. Everyone was annoyed by it. But I noticed today that Olly was acting a little differently. It was probably his sister walking him up again.

Later today while I'm waiting for my ride, a group of people walked towards me.

"Something you need?" I asked them. It was a group of two boys and one girl. It took me a little bit, but I recognized them instantly. It was my little sister Amber and her friend's. I knew them already. I sometimes hung out with them. They're nice people.

"You're friends with Olly's friend right?" Amber asked me.

"Yes," I said.

"So we noticed that Olivia, his little sister, was acting strange today and we were wondering if Olly was doing the same thing." I didn't realize that Amber was friends with Olly's sister

"Oh," I said, "he was acting differently today." I thought Olivia woke him up again.

"Then they might just be having a bad day, or something happened," Amber said. I instantly felt bad, I should have known it was something more than his sister walking him up he said she stopped doing that.

"Maybe we should go make sure they're ok, like maybe we just check on them," Gavin said.

"How?" I asked.

"We could walk over to their house, it's not too far from the school," Jackson said.

"Sure I just have to cheek with mom," I said.

"Mom already said it's fine if we walk home." It didn't take very long to walk there. We had walked for 4 minutes and we were already a few houses away.

"Wait, do you think that girl is still there?" Jackosn asked. What is he talking about?

"What girl?" I asked. They told me how when they were here last time they met a girl that was a family-friend that they described as the most terrifying person ever. I thought they were just imagining that I could see someone being that scary especially if two kids were friends with that person. We were only a house away. Suddenly Amber grabbed my arm and led me into a section of trees.

"What's that for?"' I asked once she let go.

"That girl's there again and this time she brought her friends," Amber said. I had to see for myself. I peeked through the trees and sure enough she was right, about the description and about the girl being back again. Her friends looked almost as terrifying as she was. They were all really tall and you couldn't see any of their eyes; they were covered by a black shadow, by thick sunglasses or hair. Olly and Olivia looked unfazed and were talking to them, Olly didn't seem happy and Olivia stood back a little bit. Even at my distance I could still hear what they were saying.

"Why?" Olly asked them. What was he talking about?

"Because, why not," a guy with a yellow jacket on said.