Chapter 39

(Olivia's POV)

Tonight, we're going to see the legion so excited. I can't wait to go back home. But first I have to get through school and all of the tests. I was rushing to history, I was carrying my notebooks and papers for my previous classes. I wasn't looking where I was going and I started into another student. causing me to drop everything was holding I frantically dropped to the group to pick everything up

"Watch where you'r-," He started. Then he stopped. He started to help me pick up my stuff. "Sorry."

"No it's my fault I wasn't watching where I was going," I said. He handed me my stuff.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Olivia, what's yours?"

"Alex."

"I should go, bye Alex."

"Bye Olivia."

I hope he could be my friend. He seemed nice. I rushed to my next class making it right before the bell rang. A few more hours later and I met up with my brother we quickly rushed home.

"Come on, Olly," I said to him. "We're going back home!" He knew this time there was no chance of getting me to slow down. He was still walking at his normal pace. I reached the door before Olly I reached into my backpack for the house key. The Craftsman said he was going somewhere for a little bit and said we might be home before he was so he gave us a key for the door I looked in my backpack but couldn't find it. Please say I didn't lose it. Olly approached me and pulled two keys out of his backpack, he smirked at me.

"You little sneak," I said "You stole the key out of my backpack didn't you?"

"Maybe I did and maybe I didn't," he said, teasing me. He unlocked the door and opened it. I ran inside.

"He's not here," Olly said.

"I know that Olly," I huffed. We waited for half an hour and then the Craftsmen came home.

"Are we ready to go?" I greeted him

He laughed, "give me a moment Olivia." I already had my stuff in the kitchen, same as Olly mostly because I forced him. The craftsmen grabbed his stuff and we made our way to the Mushroom Kingdom. After what seemed like a few hours we could make out Toad Town in the distance.

"We're almost home Olly," I said.

"Yes we are."

After the short boat ride to the island. I rushed to the door. Stapler rushed up to Olly the moment he heard us, he stood on his hind legs and put his front paws on Olly. he bent down to pet him.

"I missed you too, Stapler. Olly said, scratching his ear.

"Stapler were the rest of the legion?" I asked if I had seen them.

Spiler tilted his head as if to say "I don't know." Soon after I heard yelling coming from nearby.

"REALLY?! OK YOU WANT TO DO IT THAT WAY?" Scissors was yelling at someone, But who? Olly sighed and put his stuff down. The Craftsmen chuckled.

"Well Olly," he said. "Your stationery items seem to be getting along quite well."

"Yeah they never did and never will."

I walked over to where the yelling was coming from. Scissors and Hole Punch were glaring at each other. Hole Punch had his punchers out. And Scissors' boots or cover; I forgot what she called it was off to the side. Revealing her blades. Which were her legs. Some members of the Legion had some part of their body being part of their stationery item. Like instead of legs Scissors had blades and Hole Punch had punchers in his hands. Tape had dispensers on his arms. Rubber's body was one long rubber band; it was just hard to tell. I believe Colored Pencils had a case that carried his missiles and had a built-in sharpener. Stapler could staple people and fire his staples.

Were Punch and Scissors fighting? I realized that Scissors blades had holes in them. It was probably the work of Punch. I coughed a little to let them know I was there.

"Olivia," Rubber said, "you're here, it's so good to see you."

"It's good to see you too, anyway are they fighting?" I gestured to Punch and Scissors.

She sighed "Yeah they're always constantly annoying each other and I think they're just messing around. Anyway, do you have scissors swords? She was desperately searching for them. I think she would like them back."

"I think Olly has them," I told her.

"Thank you" she left to go find my brother.

"Hole punch."

"Whatcha you need, origami girl? I'm busy- oh wait" he turned "Hi Olivia."

"Hi Hole Punch, do you mind giving Scissors part of her blades back it looks like she's having trouble standing." Scissors was normally a very good balancer but with all the holes in her blades she was wobbling and grabbed onto Tape for support.

Punch sighed and pulled three metal circles out of his pockets. "Here Scis." She took them from him and put each circle in its respective place. She let go of Tape and put her cover on. She glared at Hole punch

"This is not over," she growled.

"She'll forget all about it in a few hours," Tape said.

"She probably will," Punch laughed.

"Why do you two always annoy each other?" I asked.

"I don't know, old habits die hard I guess," he shrugged.

"Scis I have you swords," Rubber yelled.

"Where did you find them?" she asked. Taking them from Rubber.

"That's not important," Olly said entering the room. Scissors instantly put two and two together.

"Hey, you took them, did you?"

"Maybe I did and maybe I didn't."

"Anyway," Rubber said, moving on "Jean is at Overlook tower. Do you want to come with me to go get him?"

"Sure,'' I said "Olly, will you come two?"

"Sure, your going to force me anyway," He said

Rubber let out a small laugh. "Let go, it will be dark soon and I don't want to walk home in the dark." We agreed and quickly headed towards Picnic Road. Before we left I noticed Scissors was talking to the Craftsmen. She looked worried. He nodded at her and walked over to us.

"Olivia, Olly." he said.

"What do you need?" Rubber asked

"Umm. Rubber can you wait outside.

"Sure no problem," she left.

"So something came up and it's dangerous and I think tomorrow we should leave."

"What" I asked shock

""I'm sorry Olivia," but I don't want you to get hurt."

"But we're already dead."

"I don't want to argue about this any longer, ok we're leaving tomorrow, I'll still allow you to go get Jean." I felt disappointed but on the positive side I can go to Amber's house. I quickly wrote a note and put it in our mailbox on our way out.

Once we got there I was quickly distracted by the pretty flowers and butterflies.

"Look at these." I told Olly "it's so pretty." The sun was quickly setting. My brother sighed, he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the tower.