Chapter 9

(Olly's POV)

The first few weeks flew by, Olivia now enjoys school. She happened to make some friends during the first week of school. She seems to enjoy being with them. I find that a good thing, she needed some friends. I was a little worried that with her trust issue that she would have a hard time. I still contend to hang out with Mark during our lunch and sometimes while I was waiting for Olivia. After school Olivia still found the snow beautiful, back home it only snowed in some places, like the Ice vellumental's temple and Toad Town, but that's the only place that had year-round weather everywhere else stayed the same temperature year-round. It never snowed where we lived, we lived on Mushroom Island, it's one island in the Great Ocean. It just gets a little colder in winter, it never snows there. Almost every day Olivia would make me go outside so we could enjoy the snow. I don't know how much longer we can enjoy it's the final week of January, back home it stops snowing early-March and by the middle of the month most of the snow will be gone. Here the snow is supposed to stay out for a little longer but at the end of February it stops snowing. The snow just takes longer to melt.

    "I wish the snow would stay out longer," Olivia said to me. We were sitting outside in the snow, enjoying it while we could. We sat in silence for a little longer. I decided to break the silence by picking up a nice size chunk of snow. I shaped it then threw it.

"Olly," Olivia yelled. She picked up some snow and threw it at me. That's how the snowball fight got started. We kept it up until the Craftsmen called up inside for supper. We started to walk towards the door. We didn't need to eat, but the Craftsmen just wanted us too. He said that he just wanted to be a normal family. And I'm not talking about here. I mean in my family we have two dead kids and 6 living stationery items. He's the only normal person.

"I totally won that," I said. I actually don't know who won but I just wanted to tease her.

"Are you sure you did?" She asked.

"Of course, I'm sure," I turned to face her, big mistake. The moment I turned around she threw a snowball right at me.

"You sure?" she asked again.

"You better hurry up inside, if you know what's good for you," I said. I was just joking, and she knew that too, but she still hurried inside. Once I wiped the snow from my face, I walked inside. Olivia was behind the Craftsmen. He turned his head to look at her.

"Olivia what's wrong?" He asked her.

"Nothing," she told him. She walked out from behind him. He just chucked at her and sat down at the table. Maybe Olivia didn't think I was joking, but Olivia might just be joking too. I walked on over to the table and sat down. Olivia sat down next to me, yup she was joking too if she thought I was serious she wouldn't want to be near me.

"So the Legion was thinking about visiting sometime soon," the Craftsmen said. Wait, what did he say?

"And you think it's a good idea?" I asked him.

"I don't see why they can't," he responded. Olivia looked over at me. "What's wrong with them visiting?" he asked.

"The fact that they can't be trusted." Olivia said. I tried not to laugh. She was right about something.

"Jean said he would control them, we can trust him plus he is good at that." That was true Jean-Pierre could control the Legion but there are still other problems.

"Well I guess they could come then," Olivia said.

"I'm still not sure if it's a good idea," I told them

"Why not?" the Craftsmen asked.

"Well they still are dangerous, and Scissors happens to try to kill one of the other stationery items everyday," I said. The last one happens to be the biggest reason. I don't know what people would do if they saw someone with two swords trying to attack someone else. Which is what Scissors normal does. Back home if Scissors did that, well as long as it was towards one of the other Legion members, people would just shrug and continue their business. Scissors' kinda known for getting into fights with the rest of the Legion.

    "Well I have to talk to them about that then," the Craftsmen said.

"It still would be nice if they could try and visit," Olivia told us. I agreed but I was still worried about what the Legion would do if they came and visited. After supper me and Olivia were in our room folding origami. We were both folding our own creations but Olivia was watching me or giving me pointers that I didn't need. Her creation was barely touched.

"Olly." she said

"What?"

"Why don't you want the Legion to visit?" Wait, is that what she thought?

"I do want them to visit but I'm just not sure if it's a very good idea," I told her.

"Why?" She asked.

"Well like I said before they're dangerous, back home Scissors picking a fight with another stationery item was normal, but here you don't see people picking fights with others randomly in public." I said.

"You make a good point but maybe they could just stay in the house," she said. I could tell Olivia really wanted them to visit, plus her idea might work. They're normally not very good listeners, but maybe if I tell them they'll listen.

"That's a good idea," I told her.

"It is?"

"Yes it is, maybe they can visit."

"That would be fun, but would they cause trouble?"

"Maybe but this way the trouble can stay in the house."

"I'm going to tell the Craftsmen my idea," Olivia ran out of the room after that. A few seconds later she returned.

"Well what did he say?" I asked her.

"He said they can visit."