Between Life and Death

~~~~~~

Hinata was crying over Naruto's bloody body when her father landed, he looked over the scene as he looked at the motionless Cloud ninja also there; the man looked like a wild animal had torn into him. There was a slash mark on his face that looked like it had destroyed one of the eyes, his face was bloody and bruised his arm was hanging in a way that wasn't natural either.

He looked at the young boy and the blood soaked clothing and he had to wonder just what kind of strength this young boy had to do that to a ninja.

Hinata looked up, her eyes all red and puffy from crying, she had blood on her clothing and a bruise on her face obviously someone had hit her in order to stun her. His blood ran cold at the thought of someone going after his family like that.

"F-f-father please help him!" she cried out to him.

He knelt down as his brother and a few of the guards landed onto the scene too. Hizashi Hyuga looked over the scene with shock on his face at the other ninja. He bent down and checked for a pulse, "This one is still alive."

Hiashi nodded his head as he checked on Naruto, he didn't think the boy was still alive with that hole in his chest but when he checked he was shocked to see that he was still breathing, he had a heart beat but it was feint he had lost too much blood as it was. He ripped part of his robe as he pushed it against the wound to slow the blood loss.

"The boy is still alive! Send for the healers and send someone to the Hatake home, Kakashi will want to know about his son as soon as he can," although he didn't know that Kakashi was on a mission at the moment he knew that his brother could be trusted to make sure that no matter what Kakashi knew of this.

His brother was already issuing orders when a group of ANBU suddenly appeared and the Hokage himself came into the scene. All of them had rushed to this area as fast as they could the Hokage was even a bit out of breath. It was times like this he hated being old, but he didn't let such things keep him down. He looked at the scene and he could already guess at what happened but he had to ask, "Hyuga-sama what happened here?"

"I'm unsure but that man there was a guest in my home, but there was a large chakra spike and I found the boy fighting him who had my daughter in that bag over that. But the boy is losing blood and needs a medical ninja here fast or he might not live." Hiashi quickly explained.

The Hokage moved to get a clearer look at Naruto and he was shocked to see such an injury, "Take that man to the hospital but under guard. He is to have no contact other then medical staff or myself is that clear?" he commanded to the ANBU who nodded their heads.

One of the ANBU stopped for a moment to look at the young boy, for a moment it was like the ninja was trying to look into Naruto as through to try and make sense of him. But he quickly went back to work as they carefully pried the ninja off the wall and they carried him away. The Hokage helped to carry Naruto into the Hyuga compound to the nearest room. The old man looked at the young boy with fear in his heart, he knew that the life of a ninja was a hard one and yet this young boy wasn't even a ninja yet and could die tonight.

He had seen a lot of death in his life, seen a lot of hardships but to watch a young boy that he knew and cared for like another grandchild dying was hard to take. Thoughts came back to his new grandchild Konohamaru, and how it would be to lose him like this. Quickly he and Hiashi stripped off his shirt and although the wound wasn't bleeding much he was still in danger. A sniffled caught their attention and they both turned to see a wide eyed and very frightened Hinata looking at them.