A Princess' Pain

Hannah Hyuga was sitting in the garden taking a rest, she did that a lot these days it seemed. She had been going in for treatments but she wasn't getting any better in fact she was just getting weaker and some days she couldn't even get out of bed because of the pain she was in was too much for her at times. She tried to put on a brave front along with her husband but she knew that even Hinata knew something was wrong. The doctors had told her that her conditioned had worsened and that taking her eyes was no longer an option.

It had run too far too fast in her and was now attacking her brain. But today was one of her better days, they were looking for a new healer from outside the village who might be able to help her. She didn't want to just give up and die she wanted to stay with her family. She watched the flowers blowing in the soft wind and she could see how beautiful the day was it was one of the things she loved about this village there was just this timeless beauty to it all.

"Hannah-sama."

She turned to see one of the Branch members bowing slightly to her.

"It is time for the meeting now."

"Yes I'll be right there," she stood up and walked there making sure that any sign of her weakness wasn't showing. She was a proud Hyuga and wouldn't look weak in front of others and besides she was the Matriarch of the clan and she couldn't be seen as weak. But it wasn't easy even though her husband had asked her to take a few days rest now and then but she didn't like being in a bed all day, she couldn't stand that.

She was just walking when she felt another stab of pain in her head but this time it was much worse, she felt sick to her stomach and her nerves were on fire. She only made a chocking sound before she fell to the ground. The Hyuga member was scared to death at this and ran to her calling her name, when he put her onto her back he noticed a trail of blood coming out of her nose and ears. She wasn't waking up and he yelled out for help.

Across the village in the ninja academy Hinata was spacing off as Iruka was going through a lecture on concealment. She had been having trouble focusing lately and she didn't know what to do, this thing with her mother was scaring her. Her mother kept saying that she would get better but she didn't seem to be, in fact she only seemed to be getting worse. She was scared and didn't know what to do. It didn't go unnoticed as well among her friends, as they saw the change in her as well.

Normally she was just the shy girl but now she was practically withdrawn most of the time, it was really worrying for them to see her like this. Naruto had even tried to cheer her up with his usual attitude and threw in a few pranks but she never once reacted. Of course everyone else did and he got his usual detention after school but he was still worried about her, he had talked to his dad and he didn't know much about what was going on either.

Naruto had talked with his close circle of friends and no one seemed to know other than she was worried about her mother. Ino's mother heard that Hinata's mother wasn't feeling well lately and no one could remember the last time she had came to the school to pick her up. Usually it was her father or her uncle.

So they would watch and see if they could try and be helpful for her, Naruto however wanted to know firsthand what the problem was. After all Hannah Hyuga was one of the first adults that he had made friends with and he was worried too if she was sick. He waited for the last bell to ring as he packed away his school stuff and saw her slowly walking to the door.

"Naruto you think that Hinata will be okay?"

He turned to see Ino there with Sakura looking just as worried.

"I don't know but I intend to find out for sure what's going on Ino." He told them and both girls nodded wishing him luck they knew how close the two were.