Snake In The Grass

The grunt and the sound of a leaf genin hitting the ground was heard as the last member of the team fell unconscious. Standing around them was Team 7 as they started to search through the other genin team's stuff.

"Man I feel a little bad roughing them up," Naruto said as he looked through the older boy's pockets. "I mean I know it's every team for themselves but still they're from our village."

"Yeah I know what you mean," Sakura said looking through the pouch on the girl she knocked out. "But still they were the ones that tired to ambush us. Anyone even know who they are?"

"No," Sasuke said not finding the scroll on his opponent. "I think they're a couple of years ahead of us."

"Ha, they're older and yet we still kicked their asses," Naruto smirked as he found a scroll. He took a careful look at it and jumped up for joy. "Alright they had one we needed!"

"You sure it's the real one this time?" Sasuke said as Naruto froze at that moment. Yesterday when they fought a team, Naruto said he got the scroll. Turns out it had been a dummy one with a genjutsu on it, and given Naruto's horrible ability with genjutsu they hadn't figured it out until Sakura took a look at it. By then the other team had long since gone.

"I...think so," Naruto said taking a look at it.

Sasuke sighed, "Sakura."

"On it," She said as she took the scroll and gave it a decent look. "Huh, it's real this time. Good job now we just have to wait out a day and we can make our way to the tower."

"So why can't we just camp out near the tower?" Naruto asked as they left the genin team behind them.

"Because how many other teams do you think would have thought up to stake out that area?" Sasuke said to his friend. "It's better to just wait it out and then make a rush for the tower avoiding everyone else."

"Oh, okay that makes sense to me," the masked boy said as they continued on.

They went on not even aware that they were being followed the entire time. It was starting to get dark when they decided to make camp for the night. They found a decent area where they could sleep inside of a hollowed out part of one of the old giant trees.

"Hey guys I need to go take a leak," Naruto said.

"Jeez could you at least say it a better way than that?" Sakura asked him.

He just shrugged smirking under his mask as he went off to find a place to relieve himself. He didn't want to get too far away because he might get lost or even ambushed. He went behind a few large trees a decent length from their camp. Even though he couldn't go too far he also had to make sure he wasn't too close. If there were any trackers like Kiba out there, then they could find them a lot more easily that way.

He found a decent place and unzipped as he relived himself on a rock. Actually he found it was a very weird looking rock now that he started looking at it. Sure it looked hard like rock but it was kind of a strange color and the surface looked odd too. Then suddenly a piece of the 'rock' lifted up to reveal an eye looking at him. Naruto's eyes widened because he knew that kind of eye but it didn't process until what he thought had been a rock he was peeing on, lifted up into the air.

"Oh crap!" Naruto yelled out as he jumped out of the way of the giant snake striking. "What the hell, if this is because of the crazy snake lady I'll get her back! She never said anything about giant snakes!"

Naruto was focused on trying to keep ahead of the giant snake; thankfully he had plenty of practice avoiding snakes with Anko. Although he had never had to deal with one this big before and it was a challenge to keep ahead of it.