Into The Forest!

This was the day, the day that Naruto and his friends would enter into the chunin exams. He had barely gotten any sleep that night as he had been too excited. When he caught up with his teammates he could tell that both of them looked to have a little trouble sleeping as well. But they were all looking forward to this.

They made their way to the academy, Naruto wanted to run there but both teammates held him back. Sakura scolded him to keep his excitement down, they needed to focus and there was no telling what they would be up against. As they made their way there, Team 7 noticed other teams going to the building.

"Looks like a few other teams are here," Naruto muttered looking at the different forehead protectors. "I can see a Grass Nin team and is that a Mist headband?"

"Looks like it," Sasuke said seeing the three man team Naruto pointed out.

Naruto felt a bit nervous about that, it was a good thing that Zabuza wasn't here with Haku. He had wanted to know if they could come but his dad had warned him that it was a bad idea the last time Naruto sent a letter to Wave. After all, Zabuza was 'officially' listed as dead and if someone recognized the man it wouldn't have been good.

"Looks like Iwa finally sent a team this year," Naruto muttered seeing the markings of the Village Hidden in the Rocks. His dad had told him stories of the last Great War, there were still hard feelings between the villages, mainly from Iwagakure since they had lost the war. Normally when Konoha held the chunin exams Iwa didn't always send a team. Apparently this year things were different.

"Hey, out of the way Shorty," said a voice that came behind Team 7.

Naruto turned to see who called him that, as he was still a bit sensitive about his height. Behind him was an older boy in some kind of black suit with purple face paint and something on his back. With them was a blonde girl and standing a little off to the side was a red headed boy. There was something off with the last one; he just kept staring into space looking bored. He was kind of creepy looking too.

"What did you call me?" Naruto challenged him.

"You heard me," the boy said.

"I think the last person that should insult someone, is a guy who wears makeup on his face!" Naruto shouted out at him.

"What the hell did you say!?" The older boy said angrily. "This is war paint you little shrimp!"

"Call me that again and you'll need more makeup to cover the bruises on your face."

"That's enough Naruto," Sakura said to him knowing his temper. "Are you three Sand ninja, our villages are supposed to be allies so I apologize for his behaviour."

"But he started it," Naruto whined but was silenced by an angry glare by Sakura.

"Kankuro that's enough out of you as well," The blonde said to him.

"Oh come on Temari," Kankuro said back. "I was just having some fun."

"Be that as it may, the girl is right." Temari glared at her younger brother. "We're here for the chunin exams and I won't let you get us getting kicked out for fighting with a team when we haven't even gotten into the building.

"We're wasting time." The red headed boy suddenly said. "We're moving, now."

The way the boy spoke was something that Team 7 couldn't miss, he was quiet but there was a threatening undertone to it all. They were also surprised by the killing intent behind the boy as well, that was directed at his own teammates.

"O-of course Gaara," Temari said quickly as the Suna team moved off.

"Man I'm so glad we don't have a guy like that on our team," Naruto muttered. "Was he giving anyone else the creeps?"