Terror and Fear

A/N: So sorry for the wait. After the Wave Arc, next arc will take place before the chunin exams and focus a bit more on the characters and relationships, so you'll finally see the Naruto/Hinata and other pairings as well. I know it was a long way but honestly I had a lot to build up.

The ninja were gathered around Tazuna and his family's dinner table as they were setting up their plans to defend the village. There were many little things to represent certain buildings or areas of the village as they planned it out. Kakashi and Kurenai had to admit it was strange working with Zabuza but the man knew the kind of people that Gato had and so far the plan was looking good.

"So then we're in agreement on the plan," Kakashi said looking it over one last time and then looked to Zabuza, "You're sure the attack will be today?"

"Not all the way but given that he tried to have me killed with Haku says he's ready," the former Mist ninja said.

As the adults were talking the genin were already preparing in another room, Team 7 was told to get rid of the weights on their wrists and ankles so that they would be able to move more freely and not to hamper their speed. While doing this both teams were preparing in different ways, Shino was communing with his bugs to help with planning out the possible things that could happen to them. Hinata was busy ensuring that her healing supplies were well stocked up as well in case anyone got injured as well as the few medical supplies they were keeping here as well. Kiba was looking over his equipment with Akamaru asking the dog questions, mostly about which pills the dog felt he could handle if they were needed.

Team 7 was doing the same although they were also looking over their weapons as well. Sakura was polishing her metal tonfas checking for any weakness in the metal that could make the weapon break just in case. Naruto and Sasuke were working on their swords as well the atmosphere was pretty tense as no one was saying anything.

For Team 8 this would be their first major battle, Kiba was actually looking forward to it while Hinata was a bit more nervous, and Shino...well it was hard to tell with him what he was feeling. Team 7 had been through something like this before sure not as big as this but they were preparing themselves for the battle ahead.

Inari had been nervous about the whole thing although lately he had been thinking on things seeing kids, not much older than him preparing for battle was a little unsettling. He saw Naruto taking care of a sword with great care as the younger boy came closer to take a good look at it.

Naruto couldn't help but smile behind his mask at the boy's interest and looked at him. "Like it?"

"It looks pretty cool but it looks different then Sasuke's." Inari told him.

"Yeah it's a chakra blade it actually can channel chakra from the user. This belonged to my grandfather and then my father and now it's mine. It's served the Hatake family for three generations and now it's my turn to carry it." Naruto told him and he was proud to wield this blade. There was an untold amount of history with it and now it was his turn to add to that history.

Inari looked at the blade his eyes widening a bit more at the thought of the sword being in use for so long. It didn't look that old plus there was no damage on the blade either. Then he looked back to Naruto again. "Why are you guys doing this? I mean you don't have to risk your lives for us."

"Because it's the right thing to do, we were hired to protect your grandfather but we're taking a little leeway with our mission. In a way we're still protecting him but now we're just expanding how. I figure with Gato gone he'll be pretty well protected and if the village is safer for it than that's one hell of a nice bonus right? At least that's what I think my dad plans on telling to Hokage to explain all of this." Naruto gave the boy a wink to let him know the meaning behind his words.