Out of Fire

Sasuke wasn't sure why he felt so good but he did, and the feeling of power he had was the most intense thing he had ever felt. He felt totally invincible, like nothing could stop him. He saw how Sakura looked banged up. She had small cuts here and there, slight bruising but nothing too serious at least. He noticed Naruto's girlfriend and her team as well was here. Well he was glad that they didn't finish off this Sound team. The girl looked like she could barely stand; the other guy looked okay although weaker than normal. The boy who he was currently breaking his arms off, well, he wasn't doing too good obviously.

Sasuke grinned as he felt the boy's arms start to give, the Sound genin was begging and pleading with him but honestly, Sasuke didn't really care. This team needed to be taught a lesson and he would teach them all the true meaning of pain. He gave a small chuckle as he pulled on one arm harshly; there was a sickening sound as the boy screamed.

"So I take it your arms are the key to your power huh?" Sasuke said to him. "Let's see what you're like when I take away that so called power of yours."

Black markings started to crawl into existence onto his body. They didn't stop until they covered about half of his body, and Sasuke felt more power at this moment.

He was about to snap the other arm and then he would really go to work on the boy, that is, until he felt someone grabbing him. He was about to attack, thinking one of the Sound genins had gotten behind him when he heard a familiar voice.

"Stop this Sasuke-kun," Sakura told him. "This isn't you. This is Orochimaru's curse mark talking. Please don't let it do this to you."

Sakura had never seen Sasuke like this, she knew this wasn't him. She could feel the evil power coming off of him, as the others did she bet. She felt her young heart breaking seeing the power of Orochimaru at work, how it twisted a person up inside. She didn't want him like this; she wanted him back to his normal self. If he kept this up, would he never return to normal, or would this be him from now on?

She could literally feel the dark energy by being so close to him and it made her feel sick inside.

"Please, just stop. You don't have to do this." She whispered to him.

Something deep inside was touched by that; Sasuke paused as he felt conflicted. His hands loosened enough for the Sound genin to slip out and slowly crawl away.

"Knock him out if he can't get it under control!"

Anko had yelled out at everyone, she had seen Sasuke run out of the cave, but it had taken her awhile to move her body out into the open. She was already in a lot of pain from forcing herself to move but she knew better than most what that curse mark could do. When she had seen the Uchiha run out like that, she had forced herself to get out from the cave. She hurt like hell, but no one knew what to do better than her.

"Sasuke-kun please!" Sakura begged him one last time.

Sasuke seemed to pause as he let the Sound genin go. Something deep inside of him was fighting to the surface. Was this wrong, if so then why did it feel so good, why was she trying to get him to stop? They hurt her hadn't they, so then why was she stopping him from killing them all? Actually he wanted to do more than just kill them, he wanted to pull them apart. Like pulling the wings off flies, they were nothing to him, they were beneath him.

"Why should you care, after what they did?" He asked her. "They should all die."

"That's not you talking!" She told him hugging him closer hoping that he would break free.

"Sakura do it now!" Anko yelled out.

Sakura didn't want to hurt her team mate but it didn't look like he was going to pull himself out of this.