First Blood

It had been a couple of days and so far nothing much was going on which to Kakashi was just fine, he kept his genins busy with training and giving them pointers now and then on how to look for signs that people had been in the area. He also figured that he had what he needed from the balloon training, so he stopped that training for them. Sakura ended up being able to make a small hole but after all that effort left her too weak. He had expected as much from her at this point she could control her chakra the best but she didn't have what it took to take the training any farther at least not without years of extra training to get her chakra up.

Sasuke and Naruto had done well with it, only just managed to make holes in them. Of course it took them longer than Sakura but they could do it a few times before they got tired. It was good since that meant both boys had the talent to take it up further although he wasn't sure about teaching them the full rasengan. Naruto he knew should have to learn it after all his was his legacy and given that Sasuke could have the sharingan when it was awakened and with that he could learn his own unique move.

But they still had a long way to go, he remembered how long it took himself to be able to break the balloon into pieces and not just make a small hole. It wasn't easy but this would help them later on when he started with a few other training techniques.

This was the first step for both moves and he had to admit he was glad at their progress, so after that he had them keep on learning on the scrolls he had. This turned out to be very interesting, Sakura had started to practice her genjustu on the boys. Apparently years with Naruto had rubbed off on her a bit and she had a slight side for being a prankster he wasn't sure what they saw but apparently the boys were staying away from the girl for the time being.

Naruto seemed to be having some trouble with the elemental thing but then Kakashi was just gave him the scrolls and although he took to the shadow clone jutsu using elemental moves took longer. Sasuke although he told to hold off until they either found a good body of water or they got home, he didn't like it of course but it was better than burning down the entire forested area and letting the bandits knowing where they were anyway.

So by now they were moving along the boarder and so far so good, they hadn't run into any trouble and whenever Naruto got twitchy without any excitement he would have Naruto fan out with shadow clones to scout the area for trouble or increased his training. Although that trick seemed to be losing its impact on him and the novelty of it was wearing it off. Plus Sasuke kept asking about the Sharingan and why he had it and how he could access his own, all in all Kakashi was getting a bit sick of things. What he hadn't known though was that their movements had been followed by the ninjas in the bandit group they were looking for.

The woman Sparrow was a specialist in spying and infiltration she had been quietly keeping her distance from them and sending out small messages to her leader on the movements. She was waiting for word from Scar on what to do hopefully they would soon because she was getting sick and tired of this. She was waiting in the trees before she felt a familiar presence and looked behind her shoulder. There was Bear there sitting on a branch behind her.

"What is the word?" she asked him.

"He says that we attack them when they reach the open area, the bandits will take care of the genin while we take care of the jonin," Bear told her.

She nodded with a smile she was glad to get things going, she couldn't wait for a decent fight being part of a band of bandits wasn't the life she wanted but when her home let that creature join their ranks she couldn't stand the place any longer. Although she thought joining another village would be preferable to this but they needed to prove their worth and sometimes a little money thrown the right way to grease the wheels could work as well. Which was why they even bothered to do this, they couldn't hire themselves out as ninjas as they were still being hunted anyway so this was the only option.