Final Eliminations

So far things were going well for the exams, thought the Hokage. He was happy to see that Kakashi's team had made it all the way through. It was very rare thing to happen, but it went a long way to prove that he could deliver what he promised when the team was formed. Already he could see potential in them all. Although it was a bit sad that the Last Uchiha couldn't fight but from the reports he got, that might have been a hidden blessing. The thought of his old student still pained him deeply, he always wondered where he had gone wrong with the boy. What had caused him to change or had it been gradual? Had he been blinded by his love for the boy that made him miss the signs?

That was the sad thing he had loved the boy almost like a son. Such a gifted and talented boy, he had so much promise and yet he became nothing short of a monster. The old man always wished he could undo his greatest failure Orochimaru hadn't always been the man he was now. Looking at the youngsters here, he was wondering how many Orochimaru's lay hidden under the masks of innocence?

He was feeling his age now, he was old and tired but the village still needed him. He just wasn't sure just how much longer he could hold out. His spirit still held the Will of Fire, but his body was another story. Perhaps it was time to start thinking on retirement again he was one of the oldest Kages in history, but times where changing. He could feel it in his bones and a new leader would be needed soon. The only problem was with who.

The board came alive as the names randomly danced over the screen until it settled on two more names.

Dosu Kinuta vs Choji Akimichi

"Oh man, I got to fight the scary looking mummy guy?" Choji had remembered what he had seen before, how that guy had taken out Kabuto with one blow.

"Oh come on you can do this," Ino told him. "I bet Asuma-sensei will take us out to BBQ if we all pass, right?"

Asuma smiled and nodded his head, "that's right if you all pass then I'll take you all out, on me."

He hoped they did win, or at least tie with Kakashi's team, then the pot would be split and he could afford it. Every chunin exams, all the Leaf ninja jonins would put in for a pot. Everyone that had one winner got a smaller prize but no one had gotten a slam dunk before that is until Team 7.

"Just be careful of that thing on his arm," Shikamaru said to his best friend. "I don't know what it is, but it looks important."

"Oh, okay then. Thanks and you can bet that I'll bring home a win!" Choji said with enthusiasm as he walked down to the arena. He could already taste the juicy meat, man he couldn't wait to eat. Soon he came face to face with his opponent.

"Look Fatty, if you want to die that bad then by all means give me your best shot." Dosu said to him chuckling.

"What did you just call me!?" Choji yelled out enraged. "I'm not fat, I'm husky, Expansion Jutsu!"

His whole body just expanded like a balloon, then he pulled his arms and legs into his body like a turtle as blue chakra was seen for a moment. Then his head went in and he became a giant ball. Dosu was taken by surprise as he never heard of something like this before. He quickly threw himself to the left as the other boy came at him like some kind of giant bolder.

The boy was spinning himself making himself move with a decent amount of speed. Dosu noticed that although he was large, he was only fast in going one direction. When the big boy turned he had to turn in a wide arc and he doubted the boy could adjust his aim on the fly. He dodged again to check and it was working out. He was able to dodge but the other boy couldn't turn quick enough to capitalise.

Now he just needed a way to make the boy stop for just a moment, he couldn't hit him while he was spinning that fast. He remembered what happened to Kin and decided to use the wall to his advantage. He manoeuvred himself to the wall and waited. The boy was coming at him just like he knew he would and at the last moment he jumped out of the way. Choji slammed into the wall making himself stuck, now Dosu had a chance.