Will of Fire

AN: Hi, it's been a while! I'm sorry for not posting any new chapters lately. School has been killing me, i barely have time to write chapters. Also, just as a reminder I struggle with proper spelling and grammar so I do my best, but I always seem to make mistakes. If you want perfection then you might not like my stories.

Recap for those that who might need it:

Naruto Hatake: Adopted by Kakashi Hatake at birth so his family name is Hatake in this universe. He's starting on his wind chakra but only has two partially perfected techniques, Wind Armor and Wind Blade. Also carries the white chakra sword of his adopted grandfather. Currently dating Hinata, and wears a mask and black/orange clothing. 

Kakashi: Pretty much the same only learned a few things by being a parent and is currently dating Anko

Sakura: carries around tonfas and learned a few water jutsus and genjutsu from training with Anko/Kurenai/Hinata for the third part of the Chunin Exams for a month.

Sasuke: ???

Third Hokage is still alive but very injured in his battle with Orochimaru who still has the use of his arms.

========================

The first thing that Naruto noticed was the white ceiling. It was kind of odd as he felt he should know it, it was kind of familiar. As his mind started to clear up he noticed other things, like he was in a bed now and he was no longer in the arena. He sat up as he looked around to see where he was. He was in the hospital that was why it seemed familiar. He hadn't been here in a long time, he also noticed that he wasn't alone. There laying on his bed was Hinata, she was fast asleep while sitting on a chair but her head was resting close to his leg. He had to smile seeing her there, for a moment he was wondering what happened.

"She's been there the entire time you know," Kakashi's voice was heard and Naruto looked to his left to see his father sitting against the wall and he could tell the man was smiling at the scene. "Good to see you finally up."

"What happened?" Naruto asked him. "The last thing I remember was blowing up part of the arena."

"Yeah, next time try to find a less expensive way to deal with a barrier," Kakashi said scratching the back of his head. The stadium would take months to fix up, kind of like certain other parts of the village. "I'm not sure about everything but here's what I do know. When you brought down the building the barrier went with it. The ANBU were able to help fight with the Hokage."

"So the old man is okay?" Naruto asked hopefully.

Kakashi paused a moment, "Well he's alive, he took a nasty sword wound to his chest Naruto. He was about to do something drastic when you brought the place down. In a way you did save his life as the ANBU were able to help and drove off Orochimaru. I heard that Sakura was helping to keep the Hokage stable long enough for the medics to get to him. Sasuke was helping deal with one of Orochimaru's four guards with the ANBU."

"Hinata stayed by your side when the medics took you. After you were put into recovery she's been here ever since." Kakashi chuckled at that. Her father had come to check up on her from time to time as well. In fact everyone came to check on Naruto so far.

Naruto smiled down at Hinata sleeping there and then he frowned. "Dad...something happened in the arena while I was fighting Gaara."

"Yeah I heard," Kakashi sighed. "Looks like you'll have to come clean or lie to everyone."

"I don't want to lie..."

"Well, that settles that then," Kakashi shrugged, there was really nothing more you could do in this kind of situation. It was Naruto's secret to tell and he would have to tell them at some point. Although given Naruto's friends, Kakashi had a feeling that things would be okay. They had known Naruto for years after all and accepted him as he was. He just wished that he and Gai could have caught Kabuto. With all the chaos of the invasion, the young man had managed to slip away.