First Day of School

Naruto was in his room looking up at his ceiling waiting for his alarm to go off he had barely gotten any sleep last night. He had been training for a year and today was the day, it was the day he started his first day at the academy. He couldn't wait, he was so excited about things and the last year had gone on real fast it seemed.

He remembered the day Hinata's baby sister had been born, and she was kind of cute for a baby. He trained with Hinata and even Neji when Neji had the time which was nice, although he was already in the academy now a year ahead of them and doing very well. Naruto also enjoyed his time with his new friends Ino, Choji and Shikamaru but over the year something happened with him and Sakura. He started to really like her lately, okay so he also thought she was really nice looking and way smarter than he was. In the year he had known her she had gained more confidence and trained with Ino, the two had started to form a strange friendship/rivalry between the two of them.

He remembered six months ago he had been walking down a street with Sakura walking her home. It was on his way anyway and they had finished playing together that day. Hinata had been busy with her baby sister and the others had various other things to do. It had been going well until a couple of kids got in their faces, just a couple of bullies a few boys and a couple of girls. Naruto although angry could take it, but then they started to tease Sakura about her forehead making her cry a bit. That's when Naruto threw the first punch, he wished he could say that he fought and won but ended up with a beating.

At least he gave a few of them bloody noses.

So there he was just sitting up against a wall with Sakura trying to wipe some of the blood from a small cut looking really worried about him. "You didn't have to do that you know I don't like seeing my friends hurt Naruto."

He shrugged, "yeah well no one makes fun of my friends, besides it made you sad and I don't like seeing you sad."

Sakura gave a small smile at that, it felt good to have someone care for her and Naruto was always so nice to her. Sure he usually got into trouble and was a bit loud at times but he made things fun and he always stood up for her and for the others too. She remembered just last week when someone called Choji fat and he stood up for him. Naruto was very protective of his friends and no matter what the odds were he always fought his hardest for them. He never gave up and it was one of the reasons she had asked for some training from her father and even a little with Ino.

She dabbed a bit at the small cut on his eyebrow but thankfully it had stopped bleeding, although she and Naruto never noticed just how fast he always healed they just figured it always healed fast. She put away the small cloth she had on her and looked at him, there were a few flakes of drying blood but not much and he was looking at her with those blue eyes of his. She had to admit she had never seen anyone with eyes like his, they were just this unique shade of blue and after a year she still hadn't seen behind the mask. She wondered what he was hiding, was he ugly or did he have a scare or something?

"Thank you Naruto-kun...although I wish I didn't have this ugly forehead, I get teased so much because of it that I just want to hide it." Sakura looked down not wanting to see into his eyes. She remembered how Ino told her how it wasn't ugly but she was still sensitive about it.

Naruto looked at her for a moment before speaking softly which was rare for him and only when he truly meant something, "I don't think it's ugly Sakura-chan, I like it. I think it's uh...cute?" He honestly wasn't sure what to say about it, but he had heard that word used before by older people when they were talking to others and people seemed to like it.

Sakura blushed a bit smiling, "thank you Naruto-kun, but come on let's get you to my place so we can clean you up."

"Okay!" Naruto jumped up full of energy and hyperactive again, "You think you're mom made those cookies again? They're great!" Naruto liked the parents of his friends since they always treated him well. Especially Ino, Choji and Shikamaru's dads for some reason, Sakura's mother and father seemed a little unsure about him at first but after some time they seemed to warm up to him.