Pass or Fail?

The alarm woke Naruto up with its loud beeping noise as he groggily slammed his palm onto it silencing the evil device. He had been having a nice dream involving him being Hokage and demanding that all ramen was now free. He got up and yawned as he stretched himself out it was still dark out and even though he went to bed early he was still tired. He got a shower, dressed and was about to eat when he remembered his dad's rules. That thought made him stop for a second and realized that his dad wasn't even up yet. He snuck to his room and opened the door and looked inside and frowned as his dad was still asleep.

'That bastard he's playing with us isn't he?' Naruto thought to himself knowing now his dad was going to make them wait forever before showing up so they would be tired. 'Well two can play it that way dad.'

He grinned as he got a few supplies ready and laughed as he made his way to the training grounds. It looked pretty ordinary to him, lots of trees, a wide open space, three logs were in the ground for what he wasn't sure and he knew that he was close to the memorial stone as well as his father took him to see it with him now and again. He smiled seeing that his teammates were there looking just as tired and most likely as hungry as he was.

"Hey guys!" He called out to them.

Sasuke saw him and wondered why he had a backpack with him, "What's with the luggage?"

"My dad is still asleep and I know he'll keep us waiting for hours so I decided to pay him back for not being on time like I know he's not." He smiled as he took out sealing scroll that he got for one of his birthdays, he smiled at the memory that was when his father took him camping for the weekend after his party, he had just been alone in the woods with his dad for two days as his dad taught him all about the forest and how to live off it. It was one of his favourite memories.

He pulled it open and three sleeping bedrolls came out he placed them aside and then pulled out a box and opened it to reveal some food and juice boxes.

"Naruto you can't do that it's cheating!" Sakura shouted at him.

'Yeah...but that looks good and we're so hungry and tired, maybe just a little snack and a rest?' Inner Sakura asked her counterpart. Sakura was about to protest but then her stomach chose that moment to growl and she blushed embarrassed. Sasuke's stomach soon echoed hers but he just turned his head and grunted trying to play it off.

"Come one guys I bet my dad did this so that we'll just be tired and hungry, and he said it only as a warning didn't he? I mean if we chose to eat and not throw up then so what he never did say you be here on time and don't sleep and don't eat or you'll fail." Naruto grinned under his mask, if there was one thing he learned from his father it was how to look underneath the underneath and also how to work your way around things. It was hell with Iruka back in school because he had to make sure that there was no leeway in class assignments, although Naruto usually found a loophole or something which of course Kiba and Shikamaru joined in because Kiba wanted less work and Shikamaru was naturally just lazy.

Sakura and Sasuke looked at each other for a moment before the Uchiha prodigy just shrugged and took a snack and juice box and sat on one of the bedrolls. He didn't care if it was against the 'rules' or not but he was hungry and tired and he would take advantage of that if he could. Sakura looked a little unsure what to do and saw Naruto take some and do the same as Sasuke. She just sighed and hung her head in defeat and joined them.

"So how long until your father shows up?" Sasuke asked him.

"On average he's two hours late for everything so I'd say two hours after our timing so I'm going to get some sleep." Naruto yawned but then they watched as he put an apple to his mask and both teens looked in the hopes of seeing him pull down his mask. But to their amazement the apple just went through it and there was a bite out of the apple.