Secret

Chris POV
I finally got the nerve to speak "Toni, I-I didn't mean to hurt you I thought we were just having sex here" I waited for her to say something. But she stayed silent. I put my hands on the door getting anxious. "Toni when we started this five months ago, you told me you wanted this to be our Secret"

"Secret" I repeated myself. "So why are you getting jealous now if you knew what you wanted from the start" still no reply from the other side of the door. "Because if you want me to only sleep with you... it sounds like you want a boyfriend"

" Am I right? Please baby talk to me" still no sound of her voice

" Am I right? Please baby talk to me" still no sound of her voice. "She was nothing but a drunk one nightstand, I really want you You Toni Braxton. I don't want to be a secret anymore... if I have to drop all of the girls in my phone for you I will" I waited for her reply for a moment.

"I need to see that smile again"

Toni's POV
When I heard those words I smiled ear to ear. I wiped away my tears. "Chris, I want you too I don't want to be a secret anymore" I paused.

I fell onto the door, thinking about him made me weak. "Good me neither Toni we're on the same page"

"But I'm afraid Chris" I felt the tears building in my eyes

"But I'm afraid Chris" I felt the tears building in my eyes. He was yanking on the door nob. "Please unlock the door Toni, I need to see you, I wanna hold you" he said so passionately and soft in raspy voice.

I quickly wiped my face "Okay" I said quietly. I unlocked the door and opened it slowly. I kept my head down I was scared I felt bare, I felt naked. This was the first time me and Chris talked about our feelings. Instead we usually talk about how we make each ours body feel.

He put his hands on my shoulders and his head on my forehead. I was still avoiding eye contact with him. "I'm not leaving Toni" he kissed my forehead. I looked up at him pouting.

He rubbed my shoulders "You wanna come back to the room" he asked looking into my eyes. I nodded, he took my hand and we walked back to the room. "Let's go on the balcony" I said quietly. "Okay" he said putting his underwear on.

I walked to the balcony leaning on the railing looking at the city lights off in the distance

I walked to the balcony leaning on the railing looking at the city lights off in the distance. I heard Chris walking behind me. "You know Tamar doesn't live too far from me" I said as he came behind me with his arms holding me and his head on my shoulder. "We have more important things to talk about Toni" "Your right" I said sighing.

"Tell me, why are you scared" he asked. I sucked my teeth "Chris, I'm scared of the tabloids, what my family will say, I'm also scared of you" he was just listening. "I'm scared you'll hurt me, I haven't dated in so long I'm scared."

"Im here for you Toni and those are all valid points, but I'm going to need you to be a little brave and strong for me. We're in this together. I'll always be here for you and be here with you as long as you let me." We watched a cop car speed by the street under the balcony" the siren made me jump.

Chris's grip got tighter making me feel secure. I leaned my head back onto his chest. He spoke again breaking the silence. "How about we take our time slow. I feel like I already know your body. I wanna spend time getting to know you. And when we're ready I can meet your family. Lastly but eventually the tabloids will know"

I felt butterflies "Okay let me think about it first Okay" he was quiet. I yawned "Let's go to bed first" I said breaking from his arms and walking to the room. Chris was still sitting on the balcony.

"Goodnight" I yelled. He was silent "Are you coming to bed?" I shrugged my shoulders and went to bed. It was past my bed time.

Chris POV
I stayed on the balcony mad at Toni. What does she need to think about. She makes me feel like I'm just sex to her. I walked back into the room slamming the balcony door behind me.

How's the story so far?