Cold and Lonely

As Chris and I were walking back to the house.
I stopped my feet.

"What's the matter baby?"

"I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind"

I turned around letting go of Chris's hand and stormed my way to Keri. He was leaning on his car poking at the bruise Chris left on his face.

"Hey" he said looking me up and down with a smug look.

"You have a family Keri I'm still your family. The boys are still your boys. Chris isn't stealing the kids from you. We've been divorced for years get over yourself. I will still be here for you but Chris is my man now. And I love that man so please get a grip. Because I hate seeing you like this, please for me"

I held his hands looking in his eyes. I was trying to get through to him. He looked down avoiding eye contact and nodded his head.

"I hear you Tone" he said before letting go of my hands.

"Now it's affecting the boys. I can't have you over here picking them up and starting fights with Chris. Do you hear me?"

"Yes Tone I hear you. Can I talk to the boys?"

"No! Absolutely not come back another day with a different attitude than the one you came here with tonight. And maybe you can talk to them then. An apology towards Chris would be nice too" I said before turning around to see Chris still waiting for me.

"Goodnight Keri please drive safe"

I stayed outside till he finally pulled off. Making my way back to Chris his smile grew bigger.

"Hey I'm glad you talked to him"

"I didn't feel right letting him leave like that.
Let's get inside"

Once we got in the boys were waiting for us at the door.

"He's not staying here tonight!"

Denim was furious while Deziel shook his head looking between us.

"Let me explain" Chris said.

"NO" Deziel yelled at Chris.

"Okay I'll leave this is your home. If I'm making you feel uncomfortable I should go right" he said before looking at me.

"Really guys? No he is my company go to your rooms" I demanded.

"No Toni I'll go you need to get some rest anyways" he said before kissing the top of my head.

I pouted at the boys while Chris gave me a hug.

"Goodnight guys"

The boys ignored Chris as they made they're way upstairs.

"I'm sorry all of this happened Chris"

"Me too" he said before leaving.

Chris POV

Things were different after that night. I haven't been to Toni's house in a four weeks. I've been giving the boys the space they need but at the same time I know it's hurting Toni.