Denim

I woke up before Toni and I shook her shoulder waking her up.

"Huh? What Chris?" "Im leaving before your kids notice okay" I said kissing her shoulder then getting up.

I got dressed then brushed my teeth before giving Toni a kiss on her forehead. "Love you I'll text you" I said leaving.

"Love you!" Toni yelled back.
As I tip toed down the stairs I stopped after hearing the boys downstairs.

"His car is still here" Deziel said. "I told you I heard him last night."

"I don't hate him so I don't care."
"I don't hate him neither but it's too soon"
They went into the kitchen. "Whew" I said running to the door.

I got in my car and left.

Toni POV

After I washed up and got ready to start my day I went in to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"Good morning" I said smiling at the boys.
They were on their phones. "Good morning mom—Good morning" they both said.

"Mom what are you making" Deziel asked.
"Banana Pancakes" I said dancing.
"Ohhh that's my favorite" he said smiling at me.

"I know that's why I'm making it" I said smiling back.
Denim looked like he was deep in his thoughts. "Whats the matter Denim. Is something bothering you" I asked stirring the batter.

He put his phone down getting ready to speak. "Did Chris stay last night? I saw his car was still here. And when you woke up it's was gone."

He was serious, I turned around and he wasn't smiling. I felt his eyes judging me.

"Yes he stayed the night. Your mother is an adult I can have whoever here whenever. And that's it!"

I turned around continuing to stir the batter.

"I just think it's too soon that's all" he sounded frustrated I could hear it in his tone.

I turned facing him.
"Denim I don't want to hurt you. I've been single respecting you and your brothers feelings for years. I know it's hard seeing me with someone other than your dad but I have feelings too. He has a new girlfriend, did you have a problem with that?"

He stayed silent.
"Chris wanted to leave to respect your feelings too. But I wanted him to stay because..." I paused feeling emotional.

"I love him, now go to your room" I said pointing for him to leave.

"Me too" Deziel asked.
"Yes I'll call you too when the food is ready"

"Thanks Denim" Deziel said rolling his eyes on the way out.

Breakfast was quite Deziel was unbothered. But I could tell Denim felt bothered.

Later that day I had a meeting with my manager Craig. On my way out of the house Denim stopped me.

"Hey mom I'm sorry. I got over my feelings. I'm happy Chris makes you happy. He's not so bad I guess" he said grinning.

"Awww give me a hug" I said hugging him.
I kissed his forehead before leaving.

After my meeting I met with Tamar for lunch.

I met Tamar already sitting at our table.
"TONI'S ALWAAAYYYS LATE" she started singing.
I rolled my eyes before giving her a hug and kiss.

"Girl where you been" she asked as I sat down.

"Living, working" "Mmhh No you got a certain glow to you" she said squinting at me.

"What is it cause I'm not pregnant" I said taking off my shades.

"Gasp TaTa hol up" she started making over exaggerated noises. "Oh my god Tamar" I said laughing.

"You gotta be doing it if you saying something like that. Am I right Toni Michelle Braxton?"

I glared at her before talking. "Tamar I hate you sometimes you know that"

"Uh uh girl you ain't deny it neither. CHILLLEEE that light skinned Boy been breaking your back" she asked dancing in her seat.

I laughed at her. "What no I'm serious? Did y'all use protection?"

"Tamar stop being noisy. How's Logan?"

"Oh Logans good. But he's bad always getting in trouble" she said laughing.

"How's Chris, GOT YA"

"He's good, I'm good and happy. He met Keri, because Keri showed up to my house without a invite."

"Shut up!"

"He met the kids, the boys like him. Deziel liked him right away. Denim not so much but he's starting to like him gradually over time"

"Bitch where you been hiding him. And why hasn't the family met him. ME WHY HASN'T HE MET ME?"

 ME WHY HASN'T HE MET ME?"