Call Me Back

Toni's POV
My body felt paralyzed I was watching the phone ring. I didn't know what to say, was I ready to talk to him. He eventually hung up. I closed my eyes and excelled. I went to the kitchen and cooked dinner. "Boys the food ready!" "Coming" they said running to the kitchen.

Chris POV

I was getting frustrated she wouldn't answer my call

I was getting frustrated she wouldn't answer my call. I started smoking cigarettes again. I couldn't get our last argument out of my head. I was out with my boys "Come on let's go" one of my boys was waiting for me to get in the car. "Ight" I said looking at my phone one last time hoping she would call back.

We were on our way to the studio. My boy Dee was driving. "Yo Chris what you got for the studio" Dee said looking at me through the mirror. "Oh something off the top. I've been feeling something I wanted to get off of my chest" I said still on my phone. "Ohhh Okay we're here" he said.

As got out of the car I felt emotions thinking about Toni. I gotta put them into this song. As I got into the booth I felt my phone ringing. I checked it and it was Toni. "Hold up I gotta take this real quick." They all had something to say frustrated at Chris. "Ight take five" Dee said rolling his eyes.

I ran out of the studio to the bathroom and locked the door before answering. I cleared my throat before speaking "Hello." "Hey Chris, sor-How" I cut her off.
"Sorry Toni go ahead" "No it's okay, I was saying sorry I didn't answer I was cooking dinner." "Oh what you make" I asked her smirking. The sound of her voice gave me the peace I've been needing.

" lasagna the boys loved it" she giggled. "Okay maybe I can try it one day. Tell you what I think." She giggled "You better love it too." "I bet I will" it got silent for awhile. There was a knock on the door "Yo Chris you need another min or what?" Dee was at the door "Yeah one min" "Ight."

"Hey am I holding you up from something?" Toni asked. "No I'm in the studio right now. And these guys never heard of the word patience before." "Okay call me later when you get out. Maybe I'll still be up." She sounded so sexy I wanted to pull up to say fuck the studio and show up to her place instead.

"Okay it's a deal. I'll call you around 12 is that cool?" "Yeah that cool Chris. Talk to you soon." "Okay bye" I hung up and put on my game face before entering the studio. "Took you long enough" my guy Ace said squaring me up. I chuckled "Sorry I was on the phone with your mom she stay calling me." They all laughed watching me walk into the booth.

Bout 45 mins later we played back what I had so far

Bout 45 mins later we played back what I had so far. My guy Lo had to say something "Damn Chris which one of your girls got you feeling this way. Which of your hoes" he asked laughing. Everyone laughed with him but I had to act like it didn't bothered me. So I just fake laughed along with them. Shaking my head I stood up "Yo for real what y'all think?" "It's okay now it's missing something tho" Dee said with his arms crossed.

"Ight what it need Dee?" "First it need some background vocals and Adlibs. Next we need some heart some soul. Give me some runs sing to the girls." "Sing to Toni" I whispered to myself. "Ight give me another 45 mins and we out" I said running back to the booth.

After the studio the guys gave me a ride home

After the studio the guys gave me a ride home. I ran to my room and took a quick shower. I was rushing, excited to call Toni. So I quickly hoped out of the shower, threw on some underwear. I barley dried my body and jumped on the bed. FaceTimed Toni right away.

My heart was pounding waiting for her to answer