Playing Me

I entered the room waving "Hi everybody."

Toni ran up to me smiling and hugged me. I hugged her back kissing the top of her head.

"Aww isn't that sweet" Towanda said.
"Hey Chris" Traci said. "Hey" I smiled back at her.

"I love you girl but you have to let me go" I whispered to her. She looked up pouting. "I'm nervous" she whispered.

"Today Toni" Tamar said with attitude.

Toni let go of me hitting Tamar. I laughed at them while walking up to their mother. She stood up to meet me.

"I'm glad we finally get to meet Ms.Evelyn" She smiled when I finally talked.

"These are for you" I said handing her the flowers.

"Aw these are my favorite, Thank you Chris" she said as she seated smelling the flowers.

"Those are Toni's favorite too" I said blushing.

"Yess they are. Now sit here with me" Toni said anxious.

All of the sisters sat around us staring. "So Chris your in the business like Toni right" Ms. Evelyn asked.

"Yes I am but I'm not going on tour anytime soon like she is" I said looking at her.

"Any kids" Towanda asked. "No"

"Speaking of kids he's met my boys and they Love him" Toni said holding my left arm.

"Do you love him" Tamar asked staring at us.
"You guys don't have to answ— No No I want to Traci" I said cutting her off.

"I love your daughter. I want to protect her, grow with her, and learn with her" I said looking into Ms.Evelyn's eyes. A smile grew on her face.

"I love him too. Anymore questions" Toni said looking at all of them.

We sat for another 15 minutes talking. "Chris let me know next time your in ATL. I own a bar out there I gotta make you a drink on the house" Trina said smiling at me.

"Oh yeah. I'll let you know, I gotta try that" I said smiling back.

"Maybe I'll bring Toni" I said looking down at her laying on my shoulder.

"Are you ready to go" she whispered looking up at me.
"What's the matter Toni" Ms.Evelyn asked.

"Im ready to go that's all"
"This early" Ms.Evelyn asked. "Yeah Toni let us get to know the man" Tamar said getting annoyed.

"Are you ready to leave" Toni asked me looking up in my eyes.

"If your ready I guess" I said staring back at her.

"Okay we're out" Toni said getting up and giving her mother a hug. Toni hugged everyone but when she got to Tamar it was a problem.

"Tamar why are you mad!" "Go Toni, Bye" Tamar refused to give Toni a hug.

"Whatever Tamar" Toni grabbed my hand on her way out. She was moving too fast. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. I just waved to everybody on our way out.

"Why are we rushing" I asked as we got closer to my car. "I don't want to be in there anymore. I was stressed out. I know how judge mental my sisters can be" she said at her side of the car.

I opened the door for her and closed it before going to my side. When I got in I held her hand.
"Where we going Ma?"

She looked at me before speaking "Let's go to the beach."
"Your wish is my command" I said kissing her hand then pulling off.

We got to the beach with our shades on hoping that was enough to disguise us.

We then found a spot for just the two of us and started walking close. I put my left arm around Toni's waist as we walked on the sand.

"I love you Chris. And ima miss you like crazy when these rehearsals start."

"I love you too. You know you'll still see me right" I said laughing.

"Yeahhh but not as much" she sucked her teeth. "You know I'm clingy" she said laughing.

I laughed too but she wasn't playing. "Everything's gonna be fine yo— my ringtone went off.

I sucked my teeth "Who is this" I said aggressively.
Toni looked at my phone "Answer it"

"Why it's a spam" I said confused. "I think it's her. Answer it Chris" she said as she stopped her feet from walking.

"Who" I asked standing in front of her. "Your annoying Ex" she said taking my phone.

"I'm not the only one with a annoying ex" I whispered.
"Hello" Toni answered the phone looking in my eyes.
I put it on speaker and we finally heard her.

"Where's Chris?" "You gotta talk to me first to get to him. What you keep calling my man for?"

Toni was sexy when she was mad. It is it a bad time to be turned on? "How do you keep getting his number?"

"Yo what's your name?"
"T-O-N-I Toni now write it down. Remember it do whatever you need to do and move the fuck on. He's moved on. BYE" she said getting ready to throw my phone in the ocean.

"WAIT" I yelled holding her hand before she can throw it. "Calm down okay relax" I said calming her down.

"Chris... how did she get your new number" she asked frustrated her mood completely changed towards me.
"I don't know, this is the first time she's called since the new phone you got me I swear. Maybe somebody I know is giving her my number."

She was quite thinking. "Did you tell your friends about me" she asked.

"They know I have a girl but they don't know it's Toni Braxton" "Maybe it's one of your boys. Or maybe your just playing me."