Cloud

I called Toni as soon as I got home. Once she answered I put her on speaker. "Heyy" I said anxious waiting to hear her voice.

Toni POV

"Hey" I said rolling my eyes.
"Hey I know your mad but I talked to Rhianna and she told me someone was giving her my number."

"Great who?" "Meet for lunch tomorrow and I'll tell you. I rather have this conversation in person. It's to important to have over the phone. Plus I need to see your beautiful face" hearing him call me beautiful made me blush even though I was trying to stay mad.

"Fine, where are we eating" I asked bitting my lip laying back on my bed.

"Let me surprise you baby" he said softly, his voice sounded sexy it was turning me on.

I want to stay mad at him but I can't.
"Hey, Toni are you there?"

"Yeah I'm just thinking, I'll see you tomorrow"

"Okay, dress casual. Can't wait to see you, Bye"
"Goodnight" I said hanging up the phone.

Once I hung up the phone with Chris I got in the shower. It was a normal night once I got out of the shower. But this night was different because the boys are with their father this week.

So I had the house all to myself, I can finally walk around this bitch naked.

I got in bed and tried to fall asleep. But I couldn't stop wandering who was the person giving out Chris's number to Rhianna.

I stayed up thinking till it was getting hard for me to keep my eyes open. I eventually let go and closed my eyes.

I woke up in a good mood ready for the day. I got ready by 11:30 and left the house. I finally got to the restaurant I was meeting Chris at.

As I walked to the door I heard a voice. "TONI!"

I looked to my left to see Chris at the outside tables. He was waving at me, so I slowly walked over.

"Hey babe" he said before kissing my cheek.
"Thank you" I said as he pulled out my chair.

Once I sat down I noticed a women sitting across from me. "Toni this is my Mother, Joyce. Ma this is Toni"
She gave me a half smile and quickly looked at the table.

"Hi Ms. Joyce, its nice to finally meet you" I said to her in excitement. Chris nudged her to speak while shaking his head. He mouthed to me "Sorry."

"What's the matter" I asked conceded leaning towards Ms. Joyce. She looked at the table then back up at me.
"Toni Im so sorry, I didn't plan for this to be the way we first met."

"There's nothing to be sorry about" I chuckled looking at Chris but he wasn't smiling. He had his arms crossed and I could tell his leg was shaking from under the tabled.

"Ma please" Chris said frustrated looking to his left at his mother. "This isn't easy Chris. Can you be patient for once! I'm sorry Toni, I was the one giving Rihanna the number. I'm the reason she was calling him. But Hey, it's over now and I know it's going to be hard to forgive me. But I'm hoping that over time we'll get to know each other."

She was smiling at me but I wasn't smiling back. I looked at Chris to see him staring back at me. "Why?"

She just stared back at me and her smile dropped.
Chris just sat there staring at the table, I could see the disappointment in his eyes.

"Toni, see you can trust me. Ima man of my word" Chris said looking at me. But I didn't budge I was still eyeing his mother.

"Toni?"
"Please Chris give me a minute to think."

I was trying to process everything his mother told me. I was feeling a range of emotions, and I was trying to stay calm. "Why did you do it?" I asked his mother.

Chris turned to his left looking at her, we were both waiting for her to respond as she stayed quite.

"Rihanna was one of my favorites. And I was scared of loosing my son to you."

Chris rolled his eyes shaking his head. " And she thinks your too old for me, but she's gonna have a open mind and get to know you. Right Ma" he said looking at his mother.

"Right, I'm Sor— Hi guys my name is Diego, I'll be your waiter for this evening can I start you guys off with some drinks?" Our waiter had perfect timing.

"You can get their drinks, I'm leaving. I've heard enough" I said getting out of my chair.

Chris got up with me looking worried. "Baby?"

I walked up to him and kissed his cheek. "We're good right" he asked concerned.

"Yes, I love you" I said before he grabbed my face kissing me. "I love you more" he said squeezing my hand before letting me go.

"I have to leave, I need to process what she said."
"Okay, I get it. Text me if anything" he said.

After that weird encounter with Ms.Joyce I felt a heavy cloud over me.