Flowers

I swear Tamar was giving me a headache with all of her questions concerning Chris.

"So you like him? Or do you love him?"
She crossed her legs and arms waiting for my answer.

"What" I said chewing my salad.

"Tamar can I eat?" "No stop avoiding my questions" she said squinting her eyes at me.

"Im not ready to tell you every detail of our relationship just know that we're happy" I said giving her a fake smile before taking another bite.

"Ouuu y'all in a relationship. Toni I want to meet him" she said drinking her soup.

"And you will, but I'm busy you know my rehearsals start soon"

"I know girl Ima miss you while your working. Maybe I'll find me my own little boyfriend too."

"Good so you can bother him instead of me" I said rolling my eyes.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me Toni Michelle Braxton?" I rolled my eyes even harder this time.

"Toni don't act grown now since you got a man now. But no seriously I don't think I told you this. But I'm happy for you and I mean it."

"Thank you Tamar" I said smiling at her.
"But I still want to meet this boy!"

"He's not a boy, he's a man. He's my man" I said blushing. "Shut up Toni you bout to make me loose my appetite" she said frowning.

CHRIS POV

It's now the next week and I need to see Toni soon. She starts her rehearsals next week. So I called her.

"Hey Baby" she said. "Hey Mama what you got planned today I want to see you before these rehearsals" I said playing with my hat.

"Umm I'm with my family right now— Yes and your invited to come over CHRIS!"

"Tamar" I questioned.
"YES BOO— Shut up Tamar give me my phone" Toni said taking her phone back.

"You know what I'm coming over. I'd love to meet your family. Only if you want me too?"

"Sure come over" Toni said, I couldn't tell if you wanted me over there or not.

After she sent me the location I got ready and left. The closer I got there the more nervous I was.

As I walked to the door I cleared my throat before nocking.

TONI POV

My sisters and I were all talking to mommy. "Who's the secret squirrel now TOWANDA" Tamar said in Towanda's face.

"Toni you told Tamar over me" Towanda asked in shock. "I didn't really tell her. She found out" I said embarrassed.

Mommy was just sitting there she wasn't speaking. "Mommy are you okay if he comes to the house?"
"Toni I'm just happy I get to meet him. But be careful" she said, after my father she doesn't trust any man.

Not even Obama, the only man she trusts is GOD.

"Toni likes young boys" Traci said laughing.

"Shut up Traci" I said frowning. "Don't worry Toni I support you. I'm only teasing you" she said poking me.

All of our necks broke when we heard a knock at the door.

"I'll get it" Trina said jumping off of the couch. "Uh uh Trina" Tamar said following her.

"God please" I said looking up. My mother put her hand on my shoulder "You'll be fine Toni."

Chris POV

The door flew open it was Tamar and Trina. "Hello how are you two? It's nice seeing you again Tamar. And it's Trina right" I said.

"Yes I'm Trina" she said smiling.

"Are those Jasmine flowers" Tamar asked staring at the bouquet of flowers in my hand.

Before I could answer she snatched them out of my hands. "Hey give 'em back that's not for you Tamar" I demanded.

"Who's it for your GIRLFRIEND" Trina said.

"No Ms.Evelyn" I said firmly.

Tamar handed them back with a attitude. "Come in" she said opening the door.

As I walked in Tamar stared me down watching my every move. Trina laughed "Stop staring at the man so hard. Ignore her please! And follow me."

Trina was my favorite already.