Chapter I: 'We All Are'

TW: Swearing and... Angst?

I strolled through the woods with Wilbur walking behind me, each of us stopping at short intervals to remove branches and vines from our faces. "Soooo, where are you leading me?" Wilbur asked. I sighed. I didn't want to answer him. I just kept on walking forward with my backpack swinging behind me.

We were in a dense forest, the forest next to our old highschool, Eastside Silverleaf High. A dirt trail within the forest was the path we were following within the trees, forming a canopy above us. Vines drooped from above, branches popped up from the sides of the trees, shrubs and bushes lined the path and small rocks and pebbles stood on the path.

We heard many animals on the way, we even saw a few birds. We halted at a clearing. The opening was surrounded by the woods, forming a sort of boundary. Yet this opening was overgrown. A cave stood at a corner of this circle, the entrance covered with vines. There were bones and raw meat along with leaves and branches, scattered on the ground.

"Woah!" Wilbur murmured, walking further into the opening. I stood in place, looking down. "You knew about this place and never told us?! This is amazing, Tubbo!" Wilbur smiled, turning to me. I didn't look up at him. I was trying my hardest not to let the tears fall.

"Tubbo, are you okay?" Wilbur asked, worry laced to his voice. His hands gripped my shoulders. I stood sternly, "This is the best place to do our project on wolves," I looked up, giving him a fake smile and escaping his grip. I walked towards the cave but was stopped by Wilbur's words, "Tubbo, you didn't answer me!"

I stared at the top of the cave, pretending to not hear him. There, at the edge, once stood an alpha. An amazing alpha. "TUBBO!" I squinted at the brunette's voice, "What's wrong?!" "I just have bad memories of this place," I turned to him, blurting out the words. Wilbur's face dropped. "I'm sorry!" I quickly exclaimed, looking down.

Hands held my shoulders and soon pulled me into a hug. I felt a head rest on top of mine as I wrapped my hands around his body. I sniffled, letting a few tears escape. "Hey, we don't have to do the university project here if you don't want to," Wilbur's calm voice spoke.

I pulled away, wiping my tears, "N-No, this is where we can get the most information about wolves, let's do it here," I kneeled down and took off my backpack, unzipped it and pulled out a green folder. It contained a piece of paper. I pulled out a pen and stood up, looking at the tall one.

"Shall we start?" I ask. Wilbur shook his head, "What bad memories do you have of this place?" I looked down. Why did he have to bring this up? Why? "It's nothing you should know," I responded. "Tubbo, you better tell me or I'm..." He said it sternly but paused, looking around, thinking of things he could do. I chuckled, "Or?"

Wilbur's face flushed red, then he smirked, "You hate spiders~" "DON'T." "I'm gonna tell-" "YOU." "Tommy~" "DARE!" He laughed, "Tommy will be devastated to know you hate Shroud," "NO I DON'T, I HATE EVERY OTHER SPIDER OTHER THAN SHROUD!" I screamed, my face probably a tomato by now. "Fine, I'll tell you!" I agreed, tranquilising. Wilbur nodded, "All ears,"

"But first, I need to show you something," I said. He nodded. I placed the paper and the pen down on the ground and looked into his eyes. Suddenly, light sparkled from around me, a white light. Then, from my fluffy and messy hair, popped up two pointy grey ears, with green at the tip, each on either side. Then, a grey tail with a green tip sprouted from my back and twisted around my left leg, making a little tail-hole on my blue trousers.

Wilbur stood there in awe as the light around me faded. I rubbed my arm from over my green hoodie sleeves, "I-I'm a werewolf," "T-Tubbo," Wilbur exclaimed in a voice filled with multiple emotions. I couldn't tell which ones. I couldn't even tell if he was scared or not but from past experiences, I think he was scared. "Wilbur, this wouldn't have happened to me if Tommy-" I paused. Tears pricked my eyes. I squeezed them shut.

I felt arms wrap around me. My tail wrapped around Wilbur's waist as my arms clung onto him, sobbing softly. "Hey, it's okay, we know how it feels," Wilbur's soothing voice returned. "How'd you know, you're not a werewolf," I exclaim. My voice is muffled by Wilbur's sunset t-shirt under his brown jacket. "And what makes you think I'm not?" Wilbur replied.

I let go of him in shock, "Show me!" He smirked. Once again, the white light appeared but this time, it surrounded Wilbur. Suddenly, two brown ears popped up from Wilbur's fluffy brown hair. The ear fur was the colour of my hair since Wilbur's hair is darker than mine. A brown tail then appeared behind Wilbur's legs, swirling behind him.

How come I never knew this about Wilbur and we've been friends for about 2-3 years now. "W-Wilbur," I exclaimed in astonishment. He winked, "Where do you think Tommy gets his from?" I smiled, then I realised something. "Does that mean-" "Our whole family, we all are werewolves,"