Chapter XVII: The New Alpha

So those who intended to skip the last chapter because of the bloody shit, I hope you did to stay safe. Nothing much happened, just them fighting against Ranboo. Nobody got too hurt tho. That's basically what happened. Ranboo is still under Dream's control, they left them alone after the shit. Okay so today's chapter:

TW: Blood(Very Less) Wars(No details, just mentions) Idk if there's swearing or not, so? And that's it I guess. I'll also add Angst to this cus why not? Everything's angst. Plus, I have no clue what angst actually is and I do not want any fucking definitions of it.

Also, I wanted to ask something. Should I add a word count? Just so you guys know? Or just leave it be? I'm new to being a Wattpad author so I really don't know.

NOW LETS CONTINUE WITH THE STORY!

My breathing became heavy as my heart raced. I had done nothing yet my body ached. My eyes were shut closed as I laid on the soft grass under the midnight sky. I heard multiple slow footsteps walk over to me. I opened my eyes narrowly, just enough to see Tommy sit down next to me, criss-crossed.

I flung my body up and leaned against Wilbur who had sat beside me, my head on his shoulder. The others sat down in front of us, making a sort of a circle. Sam must've washed the blood off Niki's face as the only thing remained on her were scars. Tommy's leg was still bleeding. Sam got up and walked into the cave. Soon, he came out with... a first aid box?! How did he get that?!

He sat down at his place next to Niki with the white box in his hand and opened the lid. "Alpha had got this for us from outside the woods during the Wolf War I" Niki started, "We had multiple of this, but now, this is the only one left," "Wolf War I? Kinda like World War I?" Tommy chuckled. Niki hummed. "What happened during the Wolf War I?" I questioned as Sam took out a bandage roll.

He pulled out a side and started wrapping it around Tommy's leg to stop it from bleeding. Red splotches appeared on it as the gauze soaked the releasing blood, Sam continued wrapping more layers onto it. "Well, it was the first war between Dream and Alpha for the Ultimate powers, I think. Last time, there was no hint of Alpha being an Ultima. Dream was defeated easily last time," Niki replied. "But it still took about 3-4 years to come to an end," Sam added, finishing up bandaging Tommy's leg.

"Oh wow," Phil exclaimed from next to Tommy, "Just like World War I itself," "What is this, Wolf War II?" Techno chuckled silently. "At first we thought the battle had ended with losing both the alphas but now it looks like the war's continuing," Niki responded. "Or at least it will continue if we fight back," Sam glanced at me. I instantly felt my body heat up. All of their attention fell on me. I took my head off of Wilbur's shoulder.

"Tubbo?" I looked at Tommy. He had shiny, pleading eyes, "Please?" "We can't lose the war!" Techno spoke up. "This pack and the pack members will be devastated under Dream's control," Phil added. "Plus Tubbo," I felt Wilbur place a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at his eyes. "You have more friends now to help you," He gave me a sweet smile. I looked down.

Can I live up to where my mate was? No, I can never. But you can try! What!? Who's that? Me? I'm just a normal voice in your head. What are you doing here? Just giving you moral support. But I've never heard of you before. 'Cuz I'm not your voice, I'm Ranboo's. I give HIM moral support. Then what are you doing here? Since he's under Dream's control, I cannot stay in his head. I needed to be somewhere where I'll be useful and your head seems to be a great place! O-Okay then? But back on topic, you think I should try? Hell no! I mean, what if I fail.

What if I mislead them? It can take them to grave danger. I could lose them! Haha! You seem like someone I know. W-Who? You know them by heart. O-Oh, yeah. Wait. Are you saying he felt the same way I am feeling? YES! Actually, more nervous than you. He's not only the Alpha but also the Ultima. He had to lead all of them through the Wolf War I. But, you already know what the fruit tasted like after the plant had grown. It was delicious and ripe. He had won. He had led his pack to victory. But what if I don't? What if I lead them to the opposite of victory?

What if I lead them to defeat and danger? You'll never know unless you try. B- Okay. So you're not gonna listen to me. Don't. But listen to Ranboo. If he was here, what would he want you to do? ... Yeah, that's right. Now you make the choice, do you want to disappoint your mate or try? D-Disappoint him? He'll be devastated to know that his mate is a scardy-wolf, hah! Ugh, fineeee.

"TUBBBOOOO!" A piercing voice rang in my ears. "AAAAAAAAAAH!" I screamed and jumped back, my head immensely hitting the ground, "Oww," I rubbed my head as I sat up. "Ooops, sorry," Tommy chuckled. "You went to your own trance, what were you thinking?" Wilbur asked. I looked down, thinking back to my conversation with the voice. "So?" Everyone looked at me hopeful. I sighed, "Fine,"

"YES!" Everyone bursted out in cheers, standing up. I stood up with them. "So how long was I in my trance?" I asked. "About 4 minutes," Niki giggled. "Oooh, that was long," I chuckled. "Here, c'mon," Sam led me to the cave. We followed. We climbed up the sides of the rocky cave and stood on the top. Everyone stood behind me as I stood closer to the back edge of the cave.

"What are we doing here?" I asked. "Well, you need powers so at least you can fight back to Dream, especially with Ranboo under his control," Sam replied. "What? Why does Tubbo get powers?" Tommy whined, crossing his arms. Wilbur nudged him a bit, "'Cuz he's the alpha," "Not yet but he's about to turn into one," Niki added.

Suddenly, the moon in the middle of the sky turned red. The sky became a pinkish shade. "W-What's happening?" I asked. I tried to hide the fact that I'm scared but fearfulness laced my shaky voice. "No need to be scared, it ain't gonna hurt like it did when you turned into a werewolf," Niki replied.

All of a sudden, a white light surrounded me. And soon, I was off my feet. My body had tilted to the side and my legs bent downwards. My hand seemed to resist the force pulling up my body and so did the lower part of my legs but the rest of my body was floating up. My eyes closed and I felt myself transform to my werewolf form. My tail wrapped around my left leg.

I was too scared to actually focus on what was happening with my mind so I opened my eyes to see what was happening myself. A red ball, more like a red gust of wind captivated inside an invisible forcefield, forming a ball, yet moving round and round inside of it, flew down to my chest. As soon as it did, it broke apart and tiny particles dissolved into my skin.

I felt something unexplainable happen inside my body, something dissolve in my blood. I felt much stronger yet no physical features seemed to change on my body. The feeling of the dissolvant went from my toes to my head. It was almost like a tingling feeling. It felt funny in my head. It seemed to push against my eyeballs. It didn't do much. I honestly expected the force to become stronger and my eyeballs to pop out but it didn't.

Instead, the feeling faded away. I was gently placed back on my feet as the light disappeared. "Tubbo!" Tommy rushed over to me and pulled me into a tight hug. I was barely able to breathe but I didn't say anything; just hugged back. Tommy pulled away after a moment but still had his hands on my shoulders, "Dude! You look cool with those glowing red eyes,"

"W-What?" I asked. "You have red pupils now, they seem powerful," Philza explained. "Oh?" I chuckled. "Well, let's welcome our new alpha!" Niki exclaimed and howled at the dropping moon. I turned to the west as the moon slowly sank into the horizon. It was back to being white instead of red. The sky was blue again. I joined the howling, "AAAAWOOOOOOOOOO"