Chapter XIV: Is It The End?

HAH, I BET ALL OF YOU THOUGHT THAT 'Chapter XIII' WILL BE THE LAST CHAPTER! Well no! I know it's a Tuesday and I don't really fucking care. I have a holiday today, I have school tomorrow. Decided on posting today so I did. Didn't proof read, tell me for mistakes.

TW: Swearing? Angst? Impossibilities? Idk anymore. Just, enjoy.

"The two members of the pack of the other alpha had disappeared before we could capture them," I continued, my eyes filled with tears. Tommy had sat next to me on the floor, his arms wrapped around me, his head on my shoulder with tears in his eyes. "From that day onwards, I forbid myself from transforming until it was the right time," I finished. I sniffed and wiped the tears out of my eyes. Tommy also let go and sat up.

"What do you suppose is the right time?" Wilbur asked, leaning towards me. I shrugged, "Probably foolish of me but it was supposed to be when I actually get the chance of protecting Ranboo and maybe somehow change the past," "Yeah, very foolish," Tommy stated in a sad tone. "What a sad ending," Techno exclaimed in his monotone voice. It seemed emotionless. "Only if you had another chance," Philza sighed.

Wilbur's face lit up, "Or maybe you do!" All of us instantly looked up at him as he stood up. "What are you talking about?" I asked. "You said you couldn't see them after they'd fallen," Wilbur began. I nodded. "And wolves, especially werewolves are stronger than normal humans, so there's a high chance he might still be alive!" He finished. "Wilbur, that's fucking bullshit," I stood up and I instantly regretted it. He was so tall, but I bet not as tall as my beloved.

"Wilbur is right, you might have a chance!" Philza exclaimed, leaning back on the head board. "Two things," Technoblade exclaimed, "One: how many years ago did this happen?" "Two years ago," I replied. "Two: What's an ultima?" I froze, not knowing how to answer. "I-I don't know-" I responded. "Wow, you don't even know what your mate is," Wilbur laughed. I playfully punched him in the arm, "Shut up, I only knew him for a week or so,"

"If we wanna do something to get him back, we need to know what an ultima is," Philza stood up from the bed. "We might be able to get answers from Niki and Sam!" Tommy said, out of nowhere. We all looked at him puzzled. "And where are we going to find them?" I asked him. "At the cave, duh," Tommy replied sassily. "And what if we say we went there this morning but couldn't find 'em," Wilbur exclaimed. Both Tommy's ears and tail as well as his face dropped. We laughed.

Tommy looked at the window which was partially covered by rose-pink curtains. It was dark outside. The moon was alone in the starless, navy blue night sky. Immediately his face lit up, "You went in the morning but what if they came out at night? I mean, they do sleep during the daytime!" "When did you become so smart?" Philza asked. Tommy proudly smirked. "Well what are we waiting for, let's go!" Wilbur exclaimed. "One sec!" I turned to Techno, "You have to reveal your werewolf form before we leave," "Finnneee," Techno whined as he got up from bed.

A white light surrounded him and in a wink of an eye, two pink fluffy ears popped out of his shoulder size, pink hair, pushing his bangs further over his pig mask and white eyes. The pink tail grew from the part of his jeans which was tucked underneath his pink hoodie. "Woah, now I'm jealous," Tommy said, crossing his arms. I chuckled, nudging him slightly.

"I'll meet you guys at the gate, gonna change quickly," Philza said before grabbing a green hoodie and locking himself in Wilbur's bathroom.

---------<><><>--------

We reached the opening in the middle of the forest after what felt like seconds. I honestly didn't want to return, especially after the memory flashes I had while telling the story. I winced when I saw this place. It was dark, like it always used to be but empty. No werewolves chattered with each other. No pups playing tag together. No Ranboo to cuddle with me under the moon.

Philza was now wearing a split hoodie, one green sided and one white. He also had blue jeans and green sneakers. He looked like one of us now and not a businessman.

We scattered across the overgrown clearing, looking for signs of Niki or Sam, or even another werewolf. "T-T-Tubbo?" A voice squeaked. I leapt forward and turned to the voice. Pink eyes sparkled from the entrance to the opening. Tommy growled at it, moving forward. Then, another pair of eyes appeared, green this time. Tommy immediately leapt back. I mentally chuckled at that. It was Wilbur and Techno who went forward this time. Philza, Tommy and I stayed back.

"Who are you?" Techno growled. He sounded intimidating, but once you get to know him, he's a meme god. The pink eyes walked forward into the opening where the moon light fell and soon, the short body of the she-wolf revealed. Her pink hair tied into buns were in tangles with twigs stuck in it. Scars covered her face as well as her thighs and upper arms. She was very muddy. "NIKI!" I rushed past Wilbur, almost pushing him and grasped Niki into a hug.

The green eyes also came into the spotlight and the Minecraft creeper mask was revealed. I still wondered how werewolves came to know about Minecraft. Were they born humans and turned to werewolves or born as werewolves? I pulled him into the hug as well. His hair was also messy with leaves and all, scars scattered across his body. "Can't believe you actually returned!" The Minecraft creeper man asked.

"I can't believe it either!" I pulled away. Tommy was the next to give them the hugs, each individual yet very tight. "We never really asked, why did you leave the pack?" Philza asked, walking towards us. "I felt I wasn't worthy enough or I had any clue of how to be an alpha and obviously me being the alpha's mate, I was chosen to be the alpha," I rubbed the back of my neck, "On top of that, my forbiddence, so I refused to be the alpha and left,"

"We went alpha-less after that, no one was able to take the responsibility," Niki chimed in, her voice raspy and sad. "That's what led to this," The creeper werewolf added, pointing at himself up and down. I felt really bad for leaving them now. "Mind introducing yourselves', you guys must be our Alpha's friends," Niki winked at me. I blushed at the title. "Oh yeah, this is my family, Wilbur and Techno, my two older brothers and Philza, my dad," Tommy answered, pointing to each one of them.

"I'm Niki," The short, pink she-wolf introduced herself to the others, shaking hands with them. The creeper guy also did the same,"Sam," "We're both the Alpha's best mates, meaning Ranboo's best friends," They shared sad glances, "Until... y'know?" "Yeah, I told them," I exclaimed. They nodded. "Well, we're very sorry about the alpha," Philza replied. "No, it's okay, leaders, especially alpha's, have to sacrifice themselves for their packs," Sam smiled sheepishly under his creeper mask.

"Well, are you two the only remaining werewolves?" I asked, a little tensed because I don't see any other werewolves. "Nope, we still live in the same cave but at nights, we go to a different place, next to the flower field," Niki answered, "It's too dangerous here without an alpha," I let out a sigh of relief. "Well, we're here to get back Ranboo!" Wilbur exclaimed in a proud way. Niki and Sam's eyes widened, "H-How?!" "Somehow," Wilbur looked down, then immediately shot his eyes back at them, "But first, we have to know what an ultima is!"

"Did I hear ultima, alpha and...Ranboo?"...