14

He held me by my hand as we walked through the trees and bushes. My eyes wary of my dark surrounding, somehow I wasn't scared. So, I followed him to where he was taking me. The tall trees were adding to the errieness of the woods and rustling bushes were giving me mini heart attack. A scaredy cat like me would never walk in these places and scream to my heart contain. Here I was, completely silent.

"Here we are," He said and I looked ahead peeking from his shoulders. I see the beautiful stream with stars visible in it and when I looked up, I saw the stars shimmering in the sky accompanying the full moon. My mouth falls apart as the fluttering feeling invaded my chest. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the most aesthetic view I ever saw in my life.

The sky filled with stars, as the soft breeze blew softly caressing my cheeks. I was blown away by the beauty of night sky. I heard the someone whispering softly in my ear.

"Happiest Birthday Jangmi," I snap my head in direction of  Heeseung; he was staring at me. I could see the redness flushing his face as he smiled, so beautiful. I couldn't help it. Happiness settles in the bottom of my heart, smiling back I replied, "Thanks Heeseung,"

The soft breeze blew again as I looked into his deep sombre eyes, they were pretty as ever. I don't know how much time passed but, I knew I was falling for him. His gesture, his kindness and all he does is sometimes hard to ignore. I thought, I'd never fall for a thug. My stomach flipped at the thought of him being a thug. I remembered the scene from the first time we met at the bar.

I looked down at the flowing stream, moon shadow visible in it. Can we really be happy together? I want to be with him and still I don't want too. My family history stops me from falling for a thug. I don't want my life to turn out like my real parents.

Suddenly, the memories rushed inside my head at the thought of my parents. The sounds of bullet, iron smell of blood and their limp bodies lying on the floor. Not even noticing Jangmi's heartbeat quickened as she couldn't feel the oxygen going in her lungs. Heeseung brought his attention to girl standing beside him, she was trembling having shortness in breath. Who was showing the symptoms of panic attack.

"Jangmi!!"
"Jangmi! Take a deep breath, calm down!" Heeseung said holding her shoulder to stop her from falling. She closed her eyes following his direction. She inhaled and exhaled and after a while, composing herself. She looked up at Heeseung again, contempt filling  eyes the more she stared at him.

She pushed him away, "Get away from me," She yelled and turned around leaving.

Leaving him confused, He frowned as he watched her disappearing from his sight.

To be continued...