Epilogue

My body froze when I heard his real thoughts. His face was flushed red, eyes sparkling when he said that to me. My eyes wide open still trying to process what he just said.

My heart beating rapidly, "You're lying!" I blurted out nonsensically, cause no way in the hell that he was lying. I can see it on his face.

"Why would I lie about something like this Jangmi?" He asked grabbing my arm.
"I-I'm sorry, I-I d-didn't mean to s-say that." I was stammering, tried to from sentence but, all my words were getting mixed up.

Heeseung was caught of gaurd when he noticed Jangmi's flustered expression, trying her best to answer. She was failing to do so. And, it made her look cute.

"Rose!" Heeseung called her. Jangmi stopped talking, and mechanically lifted her head to gaze at him.

Heeseung sighed before beginning, "I really love you. I always have, from the first moment I set my eyes on you till now. There has never been a moment I didn't like you."

Tears blurred Jangmi's eyes, as she glared at him clutching her fist tightly.

"Then, why did you leave me alone that morning? Why at the moment when I began to trust you?" She asked curtly.

Tears that Heeseung barely managed to hold back, was nowcascading down his cheeks like rain.

"I didn't wanted you to leave. It was a emergency, that day I was going to propose you but I was informed that my people needed me. If I went there was chances of me being dead. I never wanted to do something like that to you. I was afraid of not being able to hold you again and one thing led to another. I felt horrible the next morning when I woke up, I didn't have courage to look at you again so I left without meeting you. I'm sorry Jangmi!" Heeseung sobbed.

"I'm sorry that you've go through all that because I wasn't capable enough to protect you and our child from that bastard. Because of the injury, you forgot about me. I thought I can have a new start with you and our daughter and waited until you were completely healed before interfering again. I messed it up again. I just love you so much I can't be without you. I need you Jangmi!"

Before I knew Heeseung was crying mess. He was crying like a baby, trust me when I say I've never seen a grown up guy like him crying. It was enough to prove me his sincerity. But I have to be rational. My childhood was ruined because my biological dad's obsession to retrive a fallen mafia family. I need to make sure that he is done being a mafia. I need to make sure that it is fine being with him.

I grasped my clothes tightly, "Are you still in those mafia and gang things?"
"No! I've left that world. No one knows where I'm living currently. I started this life after completely finishing any potential threats." He said, trying to control his sobs.

"Will you keep us safe? And not run away from your responsiblities?"
He nods, "Yes I promise. I will not let anything harm you two."

When I heard him say that, the sincerity of his voice touched my heart. I opened my arms to embrace him. Heeseung for a second was taken aback, unsure of what Jangmi expecting. But when he realized he hugged her tightly. Hiding his face in the crook of her neck and smiling through his tears.

"I will fucking die. If you haven't come today, I would have died."
"Dota say that. I'm sorry for being so mean." I whispered.
"I deaerved it. I'm sorry too and I love you,"
"I love you too,"

The man I met that summer, was like my past. I was always trying to run away fromhim. And yet he came back again and again. He came to rescue me when I gave up on everything. He found me even though I forgot him, He never gave up on me.

No matter how many times I gave and pushed my feelings away. The most beautiful part is, I wasn't even looking for him when I found him. He made me a sinner for him.

"The sweet little angel, couldn't keep her eyes off the devil."

[Friday, April 14th 2023]
The End.