Chapter 75: Respect For Future Generations

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰
!Warning: Blood/Gore, Violence!

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰!Warning: Blood/Gore, Violence!

"The Memories Of Adhering To A Soul"
---

They won't reach him.

Is he ignoring them?

Why won't their voices reach him?

No. There's someone else there, preventing them to reach him.

The voices of the demon slayers desperate to call out to Y/n.

Meanwhile, Kokushibou and Y/n face off and the Uppermoon One notices his opponent having a same mark as him, Tanjiro and his younger brother.

"The mark has finally appeared once again." 

Y/n gave him a dazed look of bewilderment. He glances down at his nichirin blade reflection, and saw a flame pattern mark on his forehead.

"How unfortunate... My guess is that those heroes never informed you.."

"About what?" Y/n asked.

"Every single marked person.. Dies before reaching the age of twenty-five." Kokushibou stated, but the young swordsman remain unfaze after hearing that.

"Even if your mark appears.. and it increase your power.. it reduces your life span due to the strain of your body..

Paying one's lifespan in advance in the exchange for the greater physique.

Your body and technique.. which you have devoted yourself to for all this time... will vanish from this world.." Kokushibou said to the young swordsman.

"So? Is that suppose to scare me and that I should turn into a demon like you, to perserve my body and my techniques? To live an eternal life like you and Muzan?" Y/n asked. Kokushibou remained silent as Y/n continue.

"Well forgive me, Kokushibou. There's nothing for me to understand that. Because I already find that we humans find that living and dying as a human being preserves our dignity.

So don't bother forcing your pathetic worldview onto me and call it the supreme one."

After hearing the same words, it reminded Kokushibou about the Stone Pillar he fought during Taisho Era. It silently angers him.

"I realized this after we spoke just now, but you told one lie." Y/n added with a grin. He notices Kokushibou's expression darkened.