Taking Care - Natasha Romanoff

Warnings: None that I can think of???

This was inspired by my current reality. I have an injured arm and am wishing for a Natasha Romanoff to come take care of me

One of the feelings I hate the most is the feeling of being restless. I was currently laying in bed, and I couldn't do anything about that. I was under orders from both my girlfriend and Dr. Banner to remain there for bed rest since I was currently recovering from some injuries I had received on my most recent mission. I had taken a knife to the leg, a broken arm, and a pulled tendon in my shoulder. It wasn't a fun time. Actually, it hurt like a bitch.

Natasha had done everything in her power to make me comfortable while I rested and healed, but there wasn't much she could do for my restless nature. She had created a new watchlist for me on Netflix with shows that she thought I would enjoy and had picked up several new books for me to read. After about three days of bed rest, I was halfway through the shows Natasha had recommended to me and was planning on tackling the pile of books that was growing on my nightstand. It was nice, all the little things that Natasha did to fuss over me, readjusting the pile pillows that were positioned under my leg and wanting to make sure the sling on my arm was positioned just right.

Right now, all I wanted to do was get up and go for a walk, but the last thing I wanted to do was give Natasha a heart attack. What I wanted to do most was go and train. I was missing boxing the most. It was a kind of escape for me, a way for me to destress.

It was around 12:30 in the afternoon and Natasha walked through the bedroom door. She was carrying a tray of food with a glass of something. I paused the show I was watching and smiled at her. Flashing me a smile in return, she placed the tray down on the nightstand and came over to my side, helping me sit up. I winced as I moved my leg the wrong way. Pain from my knife wound shot through me.

"Careful, take it slow." Natasha cooed as she held onto me tighter. Once I was upright, she placed the tray of lunch in my lap. It was a sandwich with a side of fruit and a glass of water.

"Thank you." I mumbled, giving her a quick smile as I began eating.

She went over to her side of the bed and gently sat down.

"How are you feeling?" she asked as she watched me eat.

"I'm alright I guess. I think I'm getting bored and wanna get up." I replied, popping a handful of grapes in my mouth with my good hand.

"That's understandable, but that's not a good idea." she replied, brushing a few loose strands of hair out of my face.

"Please? Just for a little bit? A tiny walk?" I asked, half begging.

"I'm sorry baby but not right now. Your leg is still too messed up for that." Natasha countered, gently but sternly.

I just nodded, turning my attention back to my lunch and giving up arguing. I think Natasha realized it was a bit more than just me being restless.

"What's wrong?" she asked softly.

I just swallowed my food and sat back against my pillows and stared at my hands. How do I word this properly?

"I know I've only been out of it for a few days but I hate just sitting here and doing nothing. I'm so used to being up and around and working on missions that I feel so...helpless sitting here. I hate it." I said while playing with the hem of my t-shirt.

"I know, baby. I know it's hard sitting here, but believe me, resting is for your own good." she replied, pushing a hand through my hair.

I just nodded, not replying and pushing my tray of half finished lunch away from me. Her words were comforting, but they didn't take away or fix everything. I just wanted to do something, something helpful.

Natasha stared at me for a few seconds before leaning forward and pulling me into a soft kiss. I hummed at the gentle affection. Then she pulled away and got up, taking away my tray of food. Then she left through the bedroom door.

I sighed, hoping I hadn't annoyed or bothered her with my problems. It seemed so stupid, now that I think about it. What was so wrong with just sitting there and binge watching shows? There were a lot of days where I wished I could do that. But now that I was actually doing it for days on end, I wished for the chaos of my normal life back.

Natasha returned a few minutes later, wheeling something in front of her. I sat forward, trying to get a better look at what she had. It was a wheelchair. When she stopped right by my side of the bed, I gave her a questioning look.

"Come on. We're going for a walk." She said, throwing my blankets off me.

She slid her arms around me, picking me up as gently as she could. I bit the inside of my lip, swallowing a groan of pain that was trying to force its way out. She sat me down in the wheelchair, helping to place my injured leg on its appointed footrest.

"How's that? Are you comfortable?" She asked, scanning me over.

I just nodded with a smile, repositioning my casted arm in a more comfortable position. She smiled back at me and moved behind my chair, beginning to wheel me out the bedroom and into the elevator.

Once the doors parted, she wheeled me out to the hallway and into the living room. There were a few of the other Avengers there, all doing their usual things. Peter was sitting in front of the TV, playing videogames with Tony and Clint. Thor, Wanda, and Bruce were sitting around them, watching. Steve, Vision, and Bucky were sitting in the kitchen, on the island barstools, reading or working on paperwork. They didn't acknowledge when me and Natasha appeared, that was until my girlfriend said something.

"Hey guys, look who decided to join us." Natasha said, a smile visible on her voice.

The lot of them shot up and looked over, them all visibly becoming excited at the sight of me being in the living room. There was a chorus of hi's and hello's as I waved and smiled at them all.

"Where do you wanna go, y/n?" Natasha asked me as the other Avengers went back to their respective activities.

"Can I go by Wanda?" I asked, seeing Wanda seated at the end of the couch.

Natasha just nodded and wheeled me over to the side of the couch, parking me next to my best friend and then sat down on the floor next to me.

"How are you feeling?" Wanda asked as she looked over at me with a smile.

"Better now that I'm out of that room." I replied, staring at the boys' videogame displayed on screen before us.

The three of us girls, plus Thor and Bruce, watched Peter, Tony, and Clint fight against each other, switching between several games like Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart. Peter, being the gen-z kid that he is, beat the pants off the two adults who were playing against him. It was funny, seeing grown men falsely blame a teenager for cheating or hacking the game.

We sat there for what felt like hours, and I hadn't stopped smiling the whole time. I think this is just what I needed, to get out of my room and be around the others. It made me feel lightyears better. My leg was throbbing from the sudden transfer from my bed to the wheelchair, but I didn't care. It was heartwarming, the compromise Natasha reached that kept me from further injuring myself but also getting me out of the bedroom.

I glanced over at her and saw her already smiling. She was so cute, so adorable, the way her eyes lit up with her smiles. I constantly wondered what I had done to deserve her. I honestly didn't.

She saw me looking at her and met my eyes.

"Thank you, Nat. This is more than I could have hoped for." I held out my good hand, offering her to take it.

"Anything for you, baby." She took my hand and began rubbing the back of it with her thumb.

It was nice, having someone to take care of me when I physically couldn't take care of myself.